Well we finally did it, Hubby and I took a vacay without Gio...ok it is only a night, but we did it. We spent Saturday night at my mom's and woke up very early to head out to Fredricksburg, TX, 4 hours away. We love the hill country area and anywhere between Austin, San Antonio and Kerrville, Texas, is a must. I got a groupon earlier this year for a night stay at The Inn on Baron's Creek, spa credit and wine sampling. We arrived early and checked in for our couples massage, a first for Hubby. I heard some snoring during the massage and chuckled, happy that he was finally getting to relax. We both enjoyed our massages and then enjoyed an outdoor lunch at Silver Creek Restaurant. We enjoyed a German Sausage and Schnitzel Plate. You would see pics, but for the first time I forgot. Fredricksburg is famous for their Main St. Shops, Antiques, Oktoberfest and Wineries. I might have browsed the local shops for knick knacks. Wine Tasting was the second item on our agenda and we headed to the newly opened Messina Hof Wineries. We were both given complimentary wine glasses and 5 tastings each. I enjoyed the majority of both of our selections, because Hubby was done after the first one...ok maybe the second. Adventurous and on a mission, I convinced Luan to head to one more wine tasting at Becker Vineyard. They specialize in wine and lavendar. The lavendar fields was a beautiful sea of purple and green. I was determined to have another wine sample but I couldn't....after not drinking on a regular basis for over 3 years, I was done...oh no I have become my husband...people the Nguyens and alcohol do not mix...cheap dates, lol. We took a tour of the facilities and then back to shopping on Main st., where we belong. Hubby was sleepy from the wine, so we headed back to the hotel for a nap...yep we are old. The hotel has 8 private cabins along the creek and hotelroom. We were lucky enough to have gotten a private cabin and it was gorgeous. Stores and most restaurants closed at 6pm, so we enjoyed a late dinner at Auslander Biergarten and Restaurant.
I called to check in on Gio twice, but he was too busy playing and sounded like he was having a great time with Tita. Monday, I woke up rested and thought yea, I finally slept in, looked at the time and it was 8:30 AM....Seriously... I could not go back to sleep and didn't want to wake up my sleeping hubby, so I laid there till I no longer could and then enjoyed an hour of relaxation in the whirlpool. We had to hurry out before checkout and enjoyed a last call breakfast at
Java Ranch Espresso Bar and Cafe, food was ok, but the coffee was delicious. Enjoyed our coffee while walking along the shops and then finally headed home. We tried to enjoy the food trucks on SoCo Austin, but they were all closed and picked up pizza at HomeSlice instead.
I am happy to say that I survived a night away from my beautiful son and accepted the fact that it is ok to do that every once in a while, which we def want to do again, soon. Gio, on the otherhand, did not do so well...Saturday was great, but night time he was kept waking up and calling out for us, in the morning, he jumped out of bed and looked for us. My mom would distract him but he kept asking for us, when we finally arrived he was taking his second nap...lol. Let's just say lil man has been very needy and attached to our legs...it's hard to leave the house if he is staying behind. Well a wonderful time with the hubby!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment