Wednesday, January 13, 2010

week 39

My Bump-Week 39
Hang in there -- you're almost done! Predicting a due date isn't an exact science (and can make for some pretty lucrative wagering), but there are definite signs that the time is near. Look for the bloody show, the passing of the mucous plug, diarrhea, nausea, energy spurts, contractions, and breaking of the water.

Sweetpea-Baby's now the size of a watermelon!
Baby's brain is still developing rapidly, and his skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. (Don't worry; he'll change color again soon after birth.) He's now able to flex his limbs, and his nails might extend past his fingertips.

Midwife Appt: 1cm dilated (aggh!) and still 70% cervix thin.

So had my weekly appointment yesterday, it was good although emotional. I am stretched out to the max with this baby, which is a good thing, bc I could still grow, obviously I have been bigger. Well this past Saturday and Sunday I didn't feel much movement from Sweetpea and it freaked me out. Poopers calmed me down because I almost went and bought a fetal scope so I could find the baby's heartbeat. I know psycho, but when u get used to movement and kicks it's scary when it decreases or I thought it had. I tell my Midwife Intern at the appointment, of course when she checks me she has a hard time finding the heartbeat, my mind is racing, tears are coming out of my eyes...I'm trying to breathe and then finally the heartbeat! OMG I was freaking scared..I know to much, I have read to much, sometimes an education is a bad thing...the intern did remind me U know to much! stop thinking so much! Sure like that's going to happen!!! She obviously doesn't know who I am!!! To be honest I have been a great patient..I have not been psycho till today when I started crying. When I saw my baby for the first time I was cheesing so hard I didn't cry. I was just so happy..then not to hear that precious heartbeat SCARED ME!!!

They decided to monitor me for 20 min, so I went to the back room and got hooked up to the heart monitor. The intern stayed with me while I was being monitored and she answered all my questions. I love my birthing center, its like I'm going to visit a friend every time I go. So the main midwife, Bernie, came in to chitchat with us. I am still on my 5W herb and Pregnancy tea. I was asking about the possibility of my water breaking but no contractions what then.. what happens. They were talking me through the different options and procedures they perform. I am 40 weeks next Wednesday and Bernie said that if I am 3 cm dilated and cervix-75% at my next appt, I will be encouraged on Thursday. I said OK well what does that mean. She said you come in at 8 AM, get checked, my membranes will be stripped (pop my water), drink double dosage of tea, which will induce your contractions and then you will go to Wal-Mart and walk for an hour or two. Hmm wish there was a mall nearby...oh yea lets get back to present subject matter. I said oh...I guess I should ask for Thursday off, Bernie started laughing at me and she said Yes probably Thursday, Friday and the next two months. LOL! I hadn't processed it yet....OMG Next Week! I mean I want my baby now, this exact moment to be accurate, but now that I have a possible date...WOW!!!

Heartbeat is being monitored this whole time, which by the way is perfect, baby was playing hide and seek I suppose...stubborn little child..probably gets that from Luan not me of course! So by the way my mom has been driving me to my visits because Luan has to work, and I'm trying to include her u know. She is still not invited to the birth, I just want Luan to be present. I love my mother but she is too nervous about the whole situation and I would prefer not to have her energy present during a very happy/stressful/crazy time. So when I walk out I tell my mom...Sweetpea might make his/her entrance next Thursday. What did that do...now she knows, there is no way of keeping her out now...agghhhh!!! Baby needs to come early! lol! I'm not going to stress bout it...but damn..lol!

Luan meets my mother and I for a late lunch and I catch him up on everything. He gets excited but then says "I need more time, maybe 3 more weeks.." He is really pushing for me to keep this baby in till Chinese New Year bc he wants a Tiger Child. I don't care for a Tiger/pig/goat...whatevs I don't believe in that business...lol. He is in shock and giddy bc we have a date..sort of, it all depends upon my Tuesday appt. So I have to take my tea and herbs and stay busy..wink wink=p..

This is going to be the longest week ever.. I will survive and I am not getting my hopes up, bc ppl Sweetpea is determined to do his/her own thing. LOL.

Thanks for all your warm wishes and thoughts! Love you all! Will keep you updated...

PS I hate ppl at work! Stupid comments about chiropractors continue. I am staying quiet because in the end ignorance cannot be cured and arguing with ppl is not in my agenda today nor tomorrow.

PPS Sweetpea is currently active as I type...lovely little child...we will meet soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. I love you and Luan and am so excited! I read this and tears came streaming down my face....I know big wierdo! I can not wait to see your beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with denise, i almost started crying! i can't wait til this baby makes it's appearance. pictures people! love you guys

    ReplyDelete