Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby G's Baptism!



Saturday, May 15th, 2010, we celebrated Baby G's Baptism at Corpus Christi Catholic Church with our loved ones. A year and half ago, Luan and I got married at the same church that I grew up in and now Baby G is here going through his first Catholic Sacrament. We were blessed with such a gorgeous sunny afternoon after a morning of rain and thunder. Giovanni was so cute in his Christening Romper/Gown that I nicknamed "Little House on the Prairie outfit"! Loved it! I went old school, even though Daddy objected to the full silk gown I was going for originally. The boys in the family made their comments, regardless Baby G rocked it!


The Mass was during his nap-time and Mommy had to wake him up to change him (I know, crazy!) but he was so good. When we got to church, he was starting to babble and smile. We finally sat down and Baby G started babbling away, it was so cute, except for when the priest had to raise his voice to be heard because Baby G was talking and cooing so loudly, lol! When we finally went to the alter for the ceremony, Baby G had enough, it was feeding and naptime and he was going to let everyone know. I brought a bottle and tried feeding him. But he just kept spitting it out and looked at me like I was crazy, he gave me the look "Lady give me the goods or else!" Poor little one!

When our turn came for the "Washing of the Sins" he started to cry and then was startled by the wave of cold water splashed on him 3x. Yikes! Mommy's singing and loving semi-calmed him down.... when we finally sat down, I was able to feed him and off to naptime he went. He was so good my little one....thank you for putting up with the Awesome Outfit (=P) and the ceremony.


His godparents are Denise Trejo and Jeremy Grimmett. Thanks you two for always being their for us and welcoming Baby G as your Godson. His extended Godparents are Danilo with Denise and Lindsay with Jeremy, who will always be there for him as well. Can't express enough how Blessed and Loved we are, Thank you!


We celebrated with the family at Dinner, where Gio met lots of cousins and friends, who haven't met him yet. He did so good at dinner, of course! He was in great hands and Mommy survived (lets just leave it at that =/)! On our way home Baby G looked at me, smiled and instantly fell into a nice nap. Little one was tired.


PS Didn't get a good pic of outfit, so Baby G just one more go around with outfit for pics...eek...thanks love ya! =p

No comments:

Post a Comment