Sunday, October 17, 2010

October Fun!


Hive Free and Fever Free! I can't stop being happy. Cereal out of the picture and everything went back to normal, thank you God! We started Gio back on peas, avocado, broccoli, green beans and squash with no issues. We have also introduced spinach, butternut squash, and grapes. I also bought a new cereal and started it Yesterday, everything good so far, any sign of hives and we are off the cereal. Oh yes test results for allergy and bloodwork.....Negative. Guess what? Gio is not allergic, it must have been a fluke who knows. Regardless we are careful with what Gio intakes. One last note regarding cereal, contacted HappyBellies through the website and got a rapid response. The QA supervisor emailed me and talked to me on the phone regarding the cereal in which his opinion, it's impossible that it could have provoked Hives. If i need to make sure I would have to reintroduce the cereal, but you know what, that's one test I rather avoid. Ill just switch products. Thanks!

Well October is here, somewhat cooler weather and fall festival fun. We started off with attending B.I.R.T.H. Fair held at the United Way. It provides information regarding Birth Choices, Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Health, Nutrition and so much more to expecting or new moms and everyone in between. It was great to see so many friends that we have made and all the moms wearing their babies. After the fair we went to eat at Zoe's Kitchen, yummy and very fresh, then we headed off to Midtown Festival which had live music. We stayed very shortly and zoomed over to Downtown Aquarium Restaurant where my cousins Carlos and Lee work. They hooked us up with tickets and enjoyed all the different activities: train ride, ferris wheel, carousel, aquarium, lions and lighthouse dive which was just for mommy and daddy. Gio chilled during the whole event and then his face lit up when we hit the Carousel. He was so happy the minute he got on the shark, laughing and smiling....except when it started moving, his face got serious and very concerned. Let's just say he was ready to get off. All in all it was a great day and weekend.


The first Tuesday of each month is free at the Zoo. We took advantage of this offer and took Gio for the first time. He chilled in his stroller and we pointed out all the animals which he could care less, he was with mommy and daddy and was enjoying his time. We were lucky to see the new Baby Elephant Baylor who is 3 months old and to hear that a new baby girl elephant Tupelo was just born the night before. I love Elephants and went back to the exhibit to listen to the Keeper's talk. I took Gio on the Zoo carousel let's just say he was not interested. lol. Gio fell asleep of course it was naptime for him and all the animals, so we enjoyed a quiet stroll thru the park while he slept. Great evening. We then met up with Abuelita Lety for dinner and then it was bedtime for all.



2nd weekend we started off with Shakira concert for Mommy and Daddy, Baby G stayed home with Abuelita. Shakira was amazing, great finally to see her live. Saturday we went to Dewberry Farm for their annual Pumpkin Patch. Of course Gio was the cutest Pumpkin there. We had a blast and BaNoi joined us for the fun. Daddy and Gio went down a rollerslide, which scared BaNoi and I but they survived. lol. We got lost in the cornmaze for a while and then Gio and I went on the cowtrain where we had fun but inhaled tons of dust. lol. I of course set up a mini photo session at the pumpkin patch, I was a litle disappointed with the patch, expected tons, but still got some photos in. You know what that means....I have to find another pumpkin patch, which I have...lol

Sunday we had the pleasure of attending Mely and JC's wedding. Gio wanted to come but opted to playing with BaNoi while Mommy and Daddy had grownup time. The wedding was gorgeous and we were very happy to be a part of their special day.

3rd weekend-When Daddy and I were in college we volunteered at San Antonio's ZooBoo. We had a great time and always wanted to take my child there once I had one. lol Well this weekend was the opening of ZOOBOO Houston and off we went. Gio was dressed in his Doctor in Training Scrubs. We of course visited the Elephant exhibit and got to see Baylor and Tupelo. So cute, I again listened to the keeper talk and and asked alot of questions. I love Elephants! It started off as cool day which quickly heated up. Gio was restless and he ended up in his tanktop and diapers. We cooled off with frozen yogurt before heading home. I have been on a hunt for a swing/slide set for Gio and searched craigslist for Gio's new treasure. Found a great one and luckily was contacted by the seller quickly.... I met her up and purchased it. Great condition and half the price you can't beat that. Needless to say...it was so worth it to see a Happy Gio swinging and his big ol teethy grin. We had such a great day that we all went to sleep at 8 and that is early for us. Sunday we woke up and went to brunch, walked around a quiet Rice Village and then headed home. Daddy went to go see the game with Uncle Toan while Mommy caught up on work at home. Gio and I played on his swing and had a great relaxing evening.



Can't wait for next weekend just to spend all day with my boys and enjoy the rest of fall and festivities. I have our calendar packed, of course and Gio is ready for all the fun! Love you lil Pumpkin!


Resources:
B.I.R.T.H.
http://www.houbirth.org/
Houston Zoo-Elephants
http://www.houstonzoo.org/babyelephants/
Dewberry Farm
http://www.dewberryfarm.com/
Downtown Aquarium
http://www.aquariumrestaurants.com/downtownaquariumhouston/default.asp
Zoe's Kitchen
http://www.zoeskitchen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment