Sunday, July 8, 2012

Raymond Alcorta Lopez-August 14, 1942-June 3, 2012

So I am way behind on postings, I left off on Mother's Day and alot has happened, school got busy then the most unfortnate event that just blew me away....my father passed away. Giovanni, I will make sure that you will learn to know my father and know that Abuelito Loved you very much. G, you met him a couple of times when you were younger and just last year we visited him in the hospital. He had pictures of you everywhere and talked about you daily to anyone he met. I am sorry that you will not have him present in your life, but he is now our angel in heaven, looking out for us. My father passed away June 3, 2012. I have been having an ill feeling about his health for the past month, I called him but his number was disconnected. I was hoping to visit him for father's day, but unfortunately, that is no longer an option. We were estranged in the last year or so, for serveral reasons, but I am concentraing on all the happy moments I shared with him. It has been a hard struggle and even now it brings me to tears just thinking about him and not being able to say goodbye. I love phrases such as "don't live with regret" or "you only live once"...But it is very hard when your parent passes away whether you are close or not, there is an unspeakable bond that is no longer connected. I hate that the last vision of my father is in his casket. I talk to my father and pray for his eternal peace daily. A friend from the past who is now a priest, recently shared some peaceful thoughts and prayers that has really helped. I strived to move forward with a happy smile, but my body and spirit were not into it and it was a very difficult time. I I cannot thank my family and friends enough who surrounded us by love during a very difficult time. Hubby and Gio, I was very happy that you were able to meet my Lopez Family, it was a nice little reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment