Ok enough of that, other than that sticky area of discussion, Gio loved his classroom and didn't want to leave. So I am hoping for a great school year and accident free Gio! We start on the 4th!
Friday, August 30, 2013
Meet the teacher day
Gio had a great time playing in his future classroom alongside his fellow classmates. We walked in and he breezed by his teachers without a care lol, because he focused in on cars and dinosaurs and he was off. After I introduced myself and my mom to the teachers, I got Gio to come back and introduce himself then hand them our cute little snack gifts. I met other parents and was very comforted knowing that the majority were returning kiddos who were there last year or have had siblings go through the school. I don't know anyone personally that have attended gios day school but I very much enjoyed it during my visit. As I might have mentioned earlier I had put Gio in another school but last min opening in a closer school won us over. Well at other school they help clean the kids when they use the rr of needed. At this present school they do not. Three year old kids should be potty trained, totally understood. I thought to myself ew need to teach Gio how to wipe himself for no 2. We potty trained but never thought of making sure he wiped himself as part of the teaching part. To be honest never crossed my mind. Well in the past two weeks we have had 2-3 accidents just from nonstop playing and he gets there too late, so we cleaned up and are more alert with reminders. So any whoo I asked teacher what happens if there is an accident. She said if its a pee we will change them if its poo we will call you to come to school to change him, we do not touch the kids. Now this in all my questioning never came up. I said really. She said yes we supervise but do not touch, but if accident we call you. Now listen totally understand not touching but can't you supervise him cleaning himself like you already do and let him change himself rather then letting him sit in it till I myself, hubby or Tita can get there. I don't like that, not asking you to wipe or touch him, just let him clean himself and give him his new undies just like you would a pee accident. I posted this topic on fb and got lots of different reactions, my friend reposted my question and she got lots of diff responses. It's a very fine line with kids and "physical" abuse so I get it. But in all my paperwork that was not in the fine print and I'm just curious am I over reacting bc I don't want my kid sitting in poop till we get there? I hope this is never an issue because I would be very upset to find Gio covered in poop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment