Monday, April 12, 2010

11 weeks

Gio, if mommy could slow down time she would!

Today I ran into a former student and her 4 month old baby girl. We caught up and shared mommy stories while I cuddled with her little girl. Her little girl is 11 lbs and probably half the size of Gio...it's crazy...she was so lightweight and all I could think was wow..last time gio was this size was probably at 3 weeks...lol...

So you are currently at 16.5 lbs (home scale) and 25 in long...crazy!

Gio you are all smiles and cooing and this morning you woke up at 5 am ready to play and start your day....mommy and daddy had to catch up with you..lol

We bought you all these new pjs this weekend in 6 mo size, Mommy was really sure they would fit just right...yea too short..so off to exchange we went and the 9 mo fit perfect in length and hopefully stay that way at least for a month or two...hopefully I said.

You are trying to roll over but get stuck half way..you are almost there keep trying..you are tolerating tummy time a little bit more and enjoy your activity mat for a little bit longer everyday. By the way activity mats are great..but they are all full of sensory overload, the first day we had you on there too long and you made sure we knew...not anymore that's for sure. Daddy was making fun of you the other day while you played and when he would get close to your face, you would turn away from him over and over again.. he didn't learn his lesson...he laughed it off and then covered you in kisses..which you fought by facing away until you cooed and laughed back!

Like I said you are all smiles, but when you see that camera pop up its all serious expressions...you little stinker..man u are sneaky with those smiles!

Today we are attempting all night sleep without being swaddled, so please bare with us, your arms awaken you from your slumber, but slowly you will get accustomed to it. As much as I like you being swaddled, it is time for you to stretch and relax and it will also help you take naps when grandma takes care of you, because she refuses to swaddle you. Grandma carries you all day because you fight your naps with her, even though she made sure to tell mommy and daddy not to spoil a baby by carrying them all the time...yea she learned quick...good job Gio! We attended our first baptismal class tonight and have one more, I can't wait for your baptism.

Daddy also picked up a copy of your birth certificate and mommy finally printed out all your 1 month pics...all 840 of them, i couldn't delete any...I will learn, but for now..We are good!

This week we are continue our walks, play and cuddle as much as possible. Nite my little baby boy...see you soon under the coconut tree!

1 comment: