Yea so Baby G is not having it...He sometimes fights me when he is being swaddled, so I figured lets stop doing this..cold turkey...he will sleep better. Yea 2.5 hours later, several attempts to put baby to sleep and several wake-ups and a cranky exhausted baby later...we ended up swaddling him with one arm out and guess what..the minute he felt being swaddled he instantly fell asleep..jeez. He obviously is not ready to be unswaddled. I was reading swaddling undo techniques and some parents comments mentioned that some are still swaddling their babies to 12 months. Yea no...the Moro (Startle) Reflex is active till 3-5 months...I suppose when that finally disappears we can start to unswaddle him. Night 2 we did one arm out again...yea he lasted 45 minutes..woke up..resettled him...15 min later..woke up...resettled him...10 min later...woke up...swaddled both arms...3 hours later...feeding time.
So we are just going to work on those habits...Oh yea naps he is in his swing or when we go for walks he is just fine...but movement is involved. I keep him is his crib till the 4 am feeding then he stays with us in bed...unswaddled...he is just fine no problem with those arms...he is sneaky...and cute and spoiled. Yes habits are forming...aggh can't stop...I will pay for this later..oh well.
Night 3 he was so exhausted from previous play time and was slowly dozing off during his diaper change and bath time, that when I placed him in his crib unswaddled...no problem! Woohoo He slept great for his usual 4 hours. Feeding time...put him back...45 min later...yea woke up...resettled him and the cycle started over again. Night 4 once again did great for the first half then he at his 3/4 am feeding time he got cranky and there was no more sleeping after that. Night 5 -last night..he was mr grumpy pants but I do believe I am at fault for this..we were out running errands, missed his bath time and regular routine..and it was chaos after that..Usually when he wakes up from his sleep he is cooing..this was not the case..it was pick me up or I will wake up the whole neighborhood, lol. ok not funny at the time but funny now. He is finally taking a nap since he has been up since 530 this morning...in his swing.. aggh bad habit.poor kid..but he is getting some rest that is how I justify my actions. lol. ok time to go someone is up and ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment