Saturday, April 10, 2010

To breathe again..

9:30 AM-appt for prebaptismal meeting to fill out paperwork...needless to say that took us 5 minutes...and frustratingly annoying..regardless...we were out and about and took the opportunity to run errands. Well we were initially going to return and exchange some previous purchases but...well....it turned into a Gio shopping spree. From pjs, crib light projector, stroller accessories to an activity mat. Yea this baby budget went out the window today..lol..it used to be we would go shopping every weekend for ourselves, now its all about Gio...as it should be and not every weekend thankfully. His symptoms have decreased except for a slight occasional cough and it was slightly sprinkling, but we still went...I made myself go otherwise we would be at home chilling. Well after a long day out, we finally arrived home exhausted, but I was determined to take Louie out for a walk...so off to Rice I went which led me to think....It is Time!!!

Time for me to kick this working out business into full gear! Pre Gio I was jogging 3-6 miles...now yea lets not go there....I was doing prenatal yoga consistently towards the end, which I totally recommend, it helps with endurance and mobility!!=p Post Gio we have gone walking and I went to those two yoga classes which felt amazing! When we do go walking, I am being passed up left and right by everyone and of every age level. Hey I have no problem with people passing me up, the issue here is that my speed is not where it used to be and I need to get back to my power-walking speed. I finally made myself start jogging today off and on during my 3 mile trek with Louie. Boy was I huffing and puffing..my lungs burned and presently my calves and thighs are mad at me. Therefore, it is time!!!

I kept thinking..do i want to reach a certain weight goal or just how my clothes fit? I am usually fixated on a certain number, but this time..my goal is to get back into a pair of white jeans..that I waited so long to get into and I can't wait to get back into. I used to hate jeans because plus size jeans are so heavy and I was not comfortable at all. Well once I lost weight..I finally understood when people would say how comfortable jeans are. But this one pair of jeans that I so covet are my favorite...they hug my nonexistent butt so nicely and make my legs look great! So I am not going to fixate on the scale, but rather my clothing that is neatly folded and stored awaiting my return. Last year around March...I was sad because I wasn't pregnant and everyone around me was either popping kids out or announcing their pregnancies. I shared my feelings with Denise when I went to visit her for a much needed girl's weekend and to distract me from my pregnancy obsession. During that visit, I wore my white jeans last and finally allowed myself to relax! Two months later I was happily pregnant and packed away my small clothing because I lived in scrubs due to work. Well scrubs are very forgiving and comfy, so there went any worries of tight fitting clothes. Present day...scrubs are still comfy but I want to be able to fit into my clothes again. When Denise and Danny came last, they bought me my first pair of post baby jeans..size 18. Aaggh! 16 was to tight around the waist and now these 18 jeans are too loose around the waist, any 17 jeans out there for me?

So I am writing this so I can read this over and over again, to motivate myself to get on it! I need to do this for myself so that i can run after Gio, who will soon be mobile and to be able to breathe again. I was overweight for the majority of my life and the last 2.5 years, I finally lost weight and realized that I was not breathing properly. Well I have seen the light and I will soon be back, no crazy fads this time..just plain sweat and work! I found a new Bikram Yoga studio in Sugarland that has great class hours, so I am signing up! Will continue my walking/jogging with Baby G, but the Yoga is for me. Luan has been pushing me to get out and run errands or to go workout, so I can have some Tanya time, but I have refused. Well I finally realized that I need to have some away time, but I will only take it, if it involves cocktails and manicures..jk! No time limits or deadlines, I gained the weight during the 9 month pregnancy and then some and I will slowly shed the pounds away over time!

White jeans we will meet again soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. tell me about this bikram yoga in sugarland. i'm currently doing jazzercise in that area if ever ur interested in joining me :)

    ReplyDelete