Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 27-28

What did we do??

1. Went to dallas for a mini reunion with Leslie, Kristina, Christen, Kim, Vi, Young and Michelle N. Gio met his future buddies Addison Chau and Noah Rapsawich. It was so surreal to see everyone almost 3 years after graduation and to have our little ones with us. Poor Gio was having a hard time but well get to that in a minute. We all gathered at Thai Coconut Grill in Carrollton, very yummy. Then Leslie and I headed over to Kristina and Christen's and hanged out some more. Time went by so fast when you are having fun and it was time for us to get back on the road to Houston before Daddy fell asleep. Kristina later texted that she didnt know how much she missed us till we finally saw each other again and I totally agree. We caught up as if we were back in school except for the obvious elephants in the room..Noah and Giovanni who were either sleeping, eating or playing. lol! Miss you ladies!

2. Gio was having a rough day due to the addition of his new bicuspids! Yes ppl 2 more teeth. He was very fussy all Sat night and was constantly needy and feeding. Daddy was trying to rock Gio to sleep and as Gio yawned daddy saw two new teeth right next to his central incisors. Aww poor Gio! So we got up and decided to take Gio on a walk to distract him. Since we were walking, we decided, well why not pick up some Donuts for everyone! As long as its for everyone and we walk there, then we are not doing so bad. lol! We were staying with Godfather (Gramps) Jeremy and auntie Michelle. We called auntie Lindsay to come on over. Gramps finally woke up and joined us.

3. We went to the pool again with Gramps and Auntie Lindsay, where "someone" said F the police as we waded in the kiddie pool. Love it! Never a boring moment with those two. Gio loves being in their company.

4. I have made a conclusion that every time we travel, two teeth erupt so therefore no more traveling....who am i kidding, but seriously this little man is going to have a full grill before he is one. lol.

5. Fussiness continued all throughout the week. We did the best we could to alleviate his discomfort with cold towels, Hylands teething tablets and gel. But Tuesday night I placed gio on the bed with his toy while i cleared his crib and I heard the worst scream ever from him, he must have lunged after me and then rolled off the bed to get to me. I screamed bloody murder my mom came running in as I scooped Gio up. I feel like the worst mother in the world. Poor Gio clung to me and I had to restrain my anxiety so I could care for him and get a caring but overbearing grandma out of the room. I became doctor for a bit and did neurological testing, checked cranials and body for anything out of the norm. Woke up every 2 hours through out the night to assess his breating and color. Thankfully everything was fine. I am so sorry Gio. I put you far away but Mommy underestimated a little man's need for his momma.

6. We took Gio to Palm Beach at Moody Gardens and also invited BaNoi to tag along. Had a great time although Gio is not yet amused by being wet in his clothes. He took a long nap with BaNoi when he had enough of the water, while Mommy and Daddy lounged about.

7. Friday is our family date night at 2pm. We go to the movies and an early dinner with Gio. We saw Despicable Me. Gio sat right between us and snuggled up. He had to have a hand and foot on each of us. Spoiled rotten and thats how I love it! There was a little vietnamese boy with his dad right behind us and he asked his dad questions all throughout the movie, it was so cute. I told Luan to get ready because that will be him and baby G!

Love you Baby G!

No comments:

Post a Comment