Hello December! I love you so much! Well my birthday is coming up and this is Gio"s First Christmas and New Years! We put up the Xmas tree last weekend during our break and have contemplated what to buy Baby G for xmas. Still brainstorming. Well since we were spoiled with a 4 day weekend it was so hard to go back to work, but here we go. This weekend we went to Galveston for Dicken's on the Strand. It is located downtown and people dress up in the times of Charles Dickens.
So cute! We got there just in time for the Queen's parade. The outfits were gorgeous and I wished for a bit to have one, but where else would I wear it to? Anywhoo we walked around and enjoyed the festivities.
Santa Claus and Saint Nick!
Before we headed back home we stopped at Mario's Italian Restaurant which has great pizza. We ordered our pizza and also the Angel Hair Shrimp and Crawfish Pasta in a lobster sauce topped with lump crabmeat. Can I just tell you that it was amazing!! Will definitely be back for that pasta. Thankfully I have tons of leftovers for manana!
Sunday we woke up and hung around the house, tidied up a bit and then dressed Gio for Santa Pics!!! I love his outfit, we bought back in September and have saved it! We went to Memorial City Mall and waited in line for over an hour.
It was a madhouse, but we were already there and just waited it out. Gio's was an awesome sport until Santa. He was close to naptime since he woke up early from his last nap and then when Daddy placed Gio in Santa's lap he was disgruntled but then was ok. He kept looking back at Santa and then finally had enough and started crying. The photographer was trying to distract him with some feathers and bells and he was shocked at first because she grazed his face with it, semi smiled then started crying when he saw me. Looking at the pictures afterwards I know he wasn;t scared, he was crying because his hands were pinned down by santa on his lap. Never pin Gio down or he will throw a fit which he did. We got a package of a semi-smile and then of him looking back at Santa. Either way you can't beat taking pictures with Santa. We are going to take family pics (mommy wants!) next weekend, so lets see how that goes. I need to make an early appointment because we do not want to hit a naptime or serious Gio will come out in the pics! We walked around the mall because Gio fell asleep and used the time to eat at my fav Berryhill's and snagged some fish tacos. I bought two personalized christmas ornaments from one of the vendors. We then headed home. I cooked Gio's food stash: spaghetti squash, chicken and greenbeans and caldo de res. I also made another turkey meatloaf and greenbean casserole. Lunch and Dinner is complete for a bit. I am supposed to be creating christmas cards but I just can't decide on what I want. Ok off to bed because my lil one is waiting on me!
No comments:
Post a Comment