Happy Thanksgiving to all!
This year was quite different since my mom isn't here and everyone comes over. This year we went to the in-laws and celebrated with vietnamese dishes. As much as I love viet food, I had to have my turkey for the big day and since we went over early and the food wasn't ready, we stopped by Boston Market to pick up traditional Turkey Meal. It wasn't my Mom's but it hit the spot and Gio got his first taste of turkey with his veggies. We chilled at the in-laws and my FIL helped me complete a blanket that I had been saving for Gio. He taught me how to use the sewing machine and I let him do the big part and I completed the pillows. I wasn't going to make pillows, but I had overestimated how much I really needed, so pillows it was. The pillows are more for my bed since it matches my chocolate brown comforter. LOL. I like when things work out in my favor!
I bought the paper to scope out all the Black Friday Deals and I wrote out what I wanted and needed. Was I planning to wake up at 4? Hell No! But my lil bundle of joy wakes up at 6 and we usually play in bed till 7 until I decide it is time to finally get up, lol! Anywhoo he usually wakes up early and I figured might as well use this to my advantage and peruse the sales if any are left. Well of all days Gio wakes up at 730. So I wake up Daddy and we get ready to leave, of course it takes us forever and we dont leave the house till 830, that is quick for us. Can't just walk out the door anymore and if you are a parent who does, lucky you! We went to HomeDepot, Target, BestBuy, CompUsa, Office Depot and Katy Mills throughtout the whole day. Our big loot includes a 7ft lighted x-mas tree, 1TB External Hard-drive, 2USB's, a bluetooth for mommy, mini vac,700 count sheets, and tons of movies including Punky Brewster Episodes. I was more excited about getting that one DVD for 1.99 and my external hard-drive. I know not anything exciting but just things we needed, well not really movies, but you know....=p Since we ran all our errands Thurs and Fri, we relaxed at home Saturday and Sunday. We cleaned up and organized our growing disorder, was able to make a donation pile that I vow to go donate this week!!! We ran to return some items on Saturday after Gio's 2nd nap and then picked up yummy fish tacos that we enjoyed after Gio went to sleep and had movie time for Daddy and Mommy. We also put up the Christmas tree and some decorations, my mom will have to do the rest!
Sunday we slept in again to 715, and then Gio and I went grocery shopping while Daddy went to go workout with Uncle Toan. We came back from the grocery store and I put everything away, then Gio fell asleep in my arms and when I went to put him down he woke up, ugggh! I tried relentlessly to put him down again but no such luck. Put him in his stroller and asked Grams to watch him while I got ready and started on the Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Gio loves his Tita and played with her until it was lunch time. I was cooking the broccoli soup, making lunch for Gio and I-fish and sweetpotato for moi, fish and veggies for Gio with apples, and Chicken Broccoli soup for Gio's food stash. After lunch Gio played some more and then it was nap time again. This time it was perfect, he fell asleep, I put him in bed and off I went to finish my lunch and his food stash. I cleaned up the kitchen and some toys and then finally sat back to finish a movie and put my feet up! Whew! Daddy finally joined us and brought me a mango smoothie, yummy! Gio took a 1.5 hr nap and then we went out for a Starbucks run and drive. Well after lack of communication we ended up locking ourselves out! Luckily my cousins were available and bailed us out. While we waited for them we walked to Border's and read some magazines and children's books. When we got home Daddy fed Gio while I vacuumed the house and he successfully put Gio down to sleep with no need from Mommy! Thank you Daddy! I probably should have rested but I prepared a turkey meatloaf and stuck it in the oven and put a load in the washer. Hey I had free time and took advantage of it so that I can rest during the week and no cooking manana! Ok well I am going to make a greenbean casserole to accompany the meatloaf. I just took it out of the oven, clothes are in the dryer, baby sleeping and now mommy is off to bed! Great weekend and I am exhausted but very happy! So yea feels like I am nesting! Can you nest after you had the baby? I guess so and before you ask I am not pregnant! Hope you all had a great weekend! Can we please have more 4 day weekends??? My bday is in 2 weeks and then Xmas is right around the corner! Can't wait! Oh yea Gio scoped out the Xmas tree, tried touching it, it was probably rough on his hands and then he was over it. I give him some time, he has a whole month to discover it!
Agenda: Gio's birthday planning!! ASAP!
Nite nite! Love you lil sleeping pumpkin, meet you under the coconut tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment