Gio has been so clingy lately poor lil man, what my mom and daddy call mammaitis. So gio took his meds and instantly felt better. An exhausted mom and dad felt so relieved that there was something actually wrong with Gio and not just a crazy phase. I know that sounds crazy but we felt helpless because he was just crying and nothing we did could soothe him, especially when it's teeth..nothing. He slept so well that night and has been since. Yesterday he took a 3 hour nap with my mom in the morning and I kept him going throught the afternoon so that he wouldn't nap because it was too late. Lil man was asleep by 6:30...WOW!!! of course he woke up 30 min later at least 3 times, but then after that he was out. He was so exhausted. Overall he slept 12 hours last night, interrupted but he slept and woke up so happy. We will see what happens tonight.
(All my posts have something to do with sleeping, i know, but if you have a child you will one day understand and if you have a child that sleeps throught the nite, Lucky, otherwise, what we are going through is normal, every child is different and Gio is certainly makind his own rules here.)
Anywhoo...I made Gio a nosew Blanket that I love love love. It's his carseat blanket because it's small (bought too little fabric, lol) and I also have fabric for an awesome blanket waiting to be sewed. =p

I am supposed to be planning his birthday but yea no such luck. This past weekend we were visited by family and friends. My Aunt Elo, Cousin Jenny and her bf Patrick visited us. My friend Danette and my fav lil guy Pablo JR visisted as well. We had fun catching up with everybody and spent a relaxing weekend with family and friends.
I also signed up Gio for Baby Sign Language class, we went to one, skipped the second because he was sick and is going to his 3rd tomorrow. The class is fun and of course Mommy is learning her sign language. Gio loves music and instantly calms down when I start singing his favorite. At one point it was "You are my Sunshine" now its "Baby Bumblebee" He Loves it! I also found the best shoes for Gio for ShooFoo. I saw another kid in the class and asked his parents, lol. I went home and orderede them instantly. Can I just say that he loves his shoes. Every other shoe he takes them off, kicks his feet and cries. He can move and crawl around with these shoes. I am so happy to finally get him something that fits. We got him measured at Stride-Rite and he is a 6 ExtraWide. The shoes are cute, but still a little too hard to move about for a beginner walker. Did I just say walker? Sure did, lil G pulls himself up and then walks himself along the sofa as long as he is holding on. Lil G can easily side step but front step isn't quite there. He just jumps up and down like a lil spring. Hilarious. There are times when he lets go and forgets, uh oh! Anywhoo, thats us!

This weekend we are off to Austin to celebrate our Anniversary. We thought about leaving Gio for the night, but it's just not the right time. For one I have to pump 3x a day just to get enough milk and that's just not going to happen, because I am barely getting any out. I get 5-6 oz and that's it. Now when I am home I have to remind Gio to eat because he is play play play. Now when he is ready for nap or sleep he is ready to eat, but otherwise I have to pick him up and make him eat. I used to worry that Gio would never stop feeding, bc he would latch on every 2-3 hours and feed for hours (ok I am exaggerating but it was quite a while) Now I will go about my day and have to remind myself to feed him his milk, otherwise he is eating his solids. Crazy how fast it all goes and changes. He is an efficient eater and is done in less than 10 minutes. Ok yea back to leaving him, he is not sleeping through the nite and I don't want to put that on anyone other than us. Maybe when Gio is older we will venture out on our own for the weekend. Until then it's family time and honestly we enjoy it. Gio snuggled with us on the weekends is heaven and enjoying every minute of it.

Love you Lil Pumpkin!
No comments:
Post a Comment