Tuesday, November 23, 2010

12 years, 1-10 month old and Mr Louie the Boston Terrier!


Happy Anniversary to us! We celebrated our 12 year Anniv this past weekend with a trip to Austin. Here are the dates: Dating-Nov 20, 1998, Engaged-Nov 18, 2006 and Married-Nov 22, 2008. We kind of celebrate all of them on the 20th from the get go. So my hubby had this weekend all planned out and it was nice, not having to worry or plan or think of anything. I did overpack, hey really were you surprised? But to my defense I did not know of any activities and I wanted to be prepared. Well earlier in the week it was really cool in Houston, and it was always cooler in Austin so I packed very warm clothing for Gio and I. Guess what? We got to Austin Saturday morning and it is humid!!! Agggh! Thankfully I packed lighter clothing for Gio and changed him quickly. Thanks to my SIL Christine, we have come to know Austin pretty well after many visits while she she studied at UT. My favorite place to go to is South Congress. I love the shops, ambience and just the freedom to walk everywhere. There is a boutique hotel called the San Jose, that I have always wanted to stay at. It is so inviting and I always told Luan that one day we should stay there for something special, this has been about 4 years in the making... I looked it up once but it was out of our price range, who knew?

We arrive at SOCO and walk around, there are tons of events going on and the current it thing is the Food Truck Nation Vendors. It was a eating fest weekend, we started with pizza at HomeSlice, then a white chocolate mousse coconut pecan pie at Cutie Pies.
Then a Kalbi Crepe, snocones, and then munchies at Mightycone. This was throughout the day...lol. We were walking around and Hubby kept talking about moving the car, so we went along and he drove into the San Jose Parking lot which is next to Jo's Cafe, which we always go to.
I told him it was only for hotel guests and we couldn't park there, he insisted and then I followed him into the Hotel and couldn't get over the fact that we were actually staying there. Awesome surprise.
The courtyard and ambience of the hotel is gorgeous! We all rested for a while and then hit SoCo again for more walking. Man those little little hills were killer with a carrier or stroller, we sure got a workout. Gio took it all in stride and was enjoying being outdoors. Later that night we went to Mozart's on Lake Austin for drinks and dessert. They had all the x-mas lights up and live music on the patio. We hung around on the patio and talked while our lil one just enjoyed people watching. I wonder where he gets that from?

Sunday we woke up early-thank you Gio! We chilled around the hotel. While Daddy got ready I walked Gio out to Jo's next door and we watched as all the bikers went by, people watching again. Daddy joined us in the lounge area and we had some coffee and croissants as Gio tried to walk by holding on to each chair.

He is growing so fast and ready to explore the world. Christine had mentioned Oasis since our first visit to Austin but we kept putting it off everytime, so we finally went. If you are ever in Austin it is a must! It is Oasis on Lake Travis.

The restaurant has great views from every seat. We enjoyed brunch on the terrace with a gorgeous view of the lake. Gio is unfazed by all this but he sure did enjoy his cereal and fruit. We also celebrated Gio's 10 month's. Can time just slow down just a lil...por favor. My lil one sure doesn't look like a little baby anymore...but he sure does sound like one when its time for a nap...lol!


We finally left Oasis and made a pit stop at another landmark-San Marcos outlets. Daddy, Gio and I all got presents, hey it was celebration time and then we headed home! It wasn't the most relaxing weekend,but it was very memorable and enjoyable anniversary! As most people are, we are in our own little world and loving every minute of it! Enjoying 12 years of love and now family time with Baby G and Mr. Louie.

No comments:

Post a Comment