Sunday, June 2, 2013

Swim,swim,swim

Well Gio started swim class again today! We were all going to go but it was raining outside and decided that alex shouldn't make the trip this time. Daddy offered for me to go since I haven't been and I jumped at the opportunity. Gio was hesitant and I told him that we would get celebratory donuts afterwards, he said ok. He was more excited that I was carrying him under the big umbrella in the rain, lol. So he gets to his teacher who is awesome and doing great until another kid shows up who is crying and yelling, Gio feels uncomfortable one second looks at the kid and starts crying as well. Whose kid is screaming in the pool? Mine! When he catches my eye I give him thumbs up and a huge smile, he shakes his head no and cries more. The teacher is awesome in distracting him and focusing on swimming. Although he is upset he willingly does his exercises and shocks me at how easily he goes with his coach. The other kid continues crying and both of them won't stop. I'm in the waiting room when I finally hear Mommy!!! I walk over and take him to the showers to change, I keep talking about how good he did and I was so impressed, which by the way I was! He told me that he doesn't want to do that anymore and I said ok, but well be back next Sunday. He finally calms and talks about the rain outside. We say goodbye to coach and I tell him thank you. He tells am again that he doesn't want to go swimming and I talk about how cool it was. We pick up donuts and then lunch at cafe express. Gio picked out a table for us to sit at while we waited. I enjoy my outing with my big boy even if it was just for a little bit. Overall he did great! He hated floating on his back bc he felt the teacher let go and getting his face wet, go figure! Future Michel phelps?? Not yet, but maybe one day! As a parent that was hard not to go in and pick him up, but definitely keeping up his classes this summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment