Gio loves his little brother and can't wait to hold him and Ready for him to play with all the toys and cars. Although his attitude towards Alexander is great, his behavior towards mommy and daddy's time not spent with him, is definitely becoming a problem, Jealousy!!!! Just when we found our ground with sleeping, that went out the door. Mostly our fault! Remember Gio wanted to sleep in his own room then I kind of said good but come sleep with us. Then Alexander gets here and ok see ya later kid go back to your own room. At first it was great because Tita spent the night with him and daddy would end up sleeping with him. But naps became an issue combined with bad nighttime sleep=cranky Gio. Daddy tried to sleep train but could t keep up and it made everyone miserable. So we have decided to continue our co sleeping and let Gio make his own efforts to go to his own room when he wants. Everyone gets rest all around and hopefully extra cuddle time at night might help curb the jealousy issue. I read thru many articles during my nighttime feedings that sleep training at this age might make them more insecure and we definitely don't want that. I grew up insecure because of my weight and just feeling like an outsider and I don't want that for Gio. I'm not sure what well do with Alexander. So far he nurses and sleeps well in his crib, by 5/6am feed he is in bed with us. I can't say well do anything different or same as of now. My anxiety self is trying to take it one day at a time and not fixate. June is here and this is my last month at home with the boys before I go back to work. I'm not sure if I am returning FT/PT, either way I'm trying to keep up a regular pump schedule. Alexander is now smiling and cooing on a regular basis, it just makes every stressful moment melt away. One day about two weeks ago, everything fell into place perfectly. Alexander nursed, slept, I pumped, played and ate with Gio. We all took a nap together and had a great family afternoon. It was a great balance all around with both boys. It is possible, and I have to remember that especially when I feel out of sorts. I have had some postpartum blues and thankfully Luan has been there every moment to listen and talk to, which has helped. This past Friday, we picked up Vietnamese sandwiches and fruit drinks then had a picnic at the park. Gio and daddy played while I exercised with Alexander. It was a great family afternoon. I do have to thank Alexander for slowing us down. We were always on the go or running around doing errands, now I can definitely say lots of good quality time together as a family is being enjoyed by all. Lots of afternoons at the park and getting back to our evening walks. When Gio was born till about 1.5 we were always walkIng but then I started working on the weekends and daddy got off of work late during the week and that stopped, it's def nice to get back to a slow lazy routine. I know once I go back to work, life will def pick up but in the meantime, the slow road is the one I'm taking .
Sunday, June 2, 2013
6 weeks
Once again falling behind on blogging. Keeping up with two boys is hard, hello, life has definitely become more interesting. Discovering parenthood of two boys has been a bumpy road for everyone but we will overcome this together as a unit! So Alexander and I went in for our 6 week checkup and Mr has def put on the pounds, way to go little champ! Alexander measured at 12 lbs 12 oz and 24 in. It probably is an indication that this little boy does not miss a meal, every two hours hello I'm ready!!! Or sooner than that sometimes. At nights he is sleeping a 4-5 hr stretch then maybe every 2-3hours till the am. The boys sometimes sleep in or not and then it's activity till naptime then playtime till bedtime, just like that the days are flying by. I would like to say I have alot of free time, but I can't. Just when I finish feeding, then I have to maneuver how to lay Alexander down without waking him up while excited big brother Gio runs around yelling and playing. Yep then when I get a free moment I try to pump, pick up, put a load in or eat! Lol, moms of two kids are my recent hero's!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment