Thursday, June 27, 2013
Last min Decisions...
well things always happen for a reason....I was offered this really nice job in January. I was so excited a move in the right direction financially for our family, I couldn't believe it. Well once offered the job I did tell them that I was pregnant and still able to work, but I would be off 6 weeks for maternity leave. I was going to cut time with my new bambino so that I could provide more financially. The contact person and owner were understanding and excited to move forward or so I thought and was given the impression. My start date came and went and an offer letter was never received. I had also taken my test that month for my certification and awaiting news on that. Well I continued work on the wknds and still sent out resumes for when I became certified I would update. Honestly it was a blessing in disguise, financially speaking it would have been great but family wise it would have been tough, working the last two months preggo. I enjoyed my pregnancy resting and hanging out with Gio. Oh about those test results yep I Failed!!! I remember taking that test and getting dizzy from sitting too long, my feet were swelling and I was just overwhelmed! I couldn't think straight! I walked out of the testing center to the car, buckled up and started crying knowing I had bombed it. I have never failed a national certification test before and I felt like such a failure and that I had let my family down, financially speaking! Yes hubby is working and supporting us but I wanted to add to that so bad after sacrificing all last year in the training program, felt like such a waste of time. Hubby was so supportive and refocused my crazy hormonal self on my pregnancy. He was right and I would take the test again when it was next offered in June, only hesitation would be is that my bambino would be two months old and I really did t know when I would study or focus with lack of sleep and care of two boys. Well when bambino turned a month I knew I had to buckle down and study. I slowly started reading and studying during naptimes. I went to review and left the boys with mom if she was available. I took the test and feel really good about it this time around, I really hope I passed! Ill find out in 4-6 weeks, if I don't pass well then I'm really not sure what else I can do , but go back to the drawing board. Last week a friend on fb asked if I was still looking for work and I said yes. He asked me to send my resume in, I got a call within an hour and had an interview set up after our family mini vacation. My friend spoke so highly of me that during my interview they gave me great reviews, I notified them that I was returning to my previous job in two weeks from maternity leave and I would need a reply soon. I was going to be firm this time and not wait around, well that evening I checked my email and found an offer letter. Woohoo! That was fast! Hubby and I discussed my new opportunity and felt that it is a right decision for our family. Previous to this opportunity I was conjuring ways to convince hubby to let me stay at home with the boys, lol! I contemplated working wknds forever and weekday FT SAHM. As great as my SAHM journey has been and let me tell you it is the hardest job I have ever had, and the most rewarding. Going to work outside the home will be a financial advancement towards the boys futures. Thankfully my boys are not going to daycare and will be with my mom. That has its pros&cons but it is the best choice for our kids. I start in a week...eeek...pumping as much as i can to leave bambino some food!!!! Well with all that going on, our lease is also up in September and we have 45 days prior to give notice well that's in 2.5 weeks. What to do, what to do...space wise we r getting cramped. I actually love our home but traveling is going to be awful with my new job from here with an hour commute. So this weekend we are going to go view some spaces and then evaluate our choices. Stay/Move and we have 2.5 weeks to decide! Regardless we are blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment