Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July 2013

Well I love festivals and parades! Hubby tags along and now that I don't work wknds guess what we are going to hit up everyone I can find! Can't wait for the fall!!! 
Ok so we got up early and out of the house by 845 and headed to the Annual Bellaire 4th Parade. I had no idea they had one until last year but our lazy bums missed it. Not this year! We got there right in time and the boys sat up front while Alex and I chilled in back, because they threw candy as the cars and floats rolled by, so I didn't want to get smacked and warned daddy too!
Fire trucks, ambulances, motorcycles, floats, kid bike  parade and cars were part of the parade. Gio was given and flag and he waved it proudly throughout the whole parade pointing everything out to daddy as he sat on his shoulders. It was so cute and I was so happy we made it! Right after the parade we walked right over to the festival and Gio rode a mini Ferris wheel and enjoyed a petting zoo. Cooling off in the city hall bldg we found the bellaire librarian hosting a story time. She was so animated and Gio loved it as he sat upfront memorized by the stories. Afterwards we used our remaining tickets for chickfila and packed up to go. The kids were soon asleep in the car and we heard to Rudy's picked up some BBQ and then home.
Daddy and I enjoyed some quiet time to ourselves while the boys slept. We hung out and relaxed, then I baked a small cake because it was Grandpa Umers bday. We met up with them for dinner to celebrate and then I snuck In a cooler with his cake, ghetto!
Gio loves all his grandparents and enjoys the time with them! After dinner everyone  went their separate ways to watch fireworks. We headed to town and country and let me tell you what a disappointment, only 10 min and no big finale, oh well. Gio had a blast regardless because he got to sit on the roof of the rover with Daddy, while Alex and I chilled inside.
A very fun filled packed day! Happy 4th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment