Tuesday, December 8, 2009

34 weeks...

So I have been wanting to do this and not, I am currently writing in my uber cute Vera Bradley Journal titled Mommy's Journey with Sweetpea. I have not been as faithful as I originally planned, but still working on it. This is probably going to be more efficient for me in the long run, or a shortcut as Poops would say. I was supposed to have started packing my bags for the trip to the birthing center about two weeks ago, status: Negative. Will probably work on that next week. I dont think it has hit me that I have 6 weeks to go and maybe I should start doing something about it. hmmm. well u see the room is not complete, and I feel once we paint it, and reorganize once again, then maybe I will get a move on things. I keep thinking Im going to go till the 20th of January, but who knows, something has been making me think that maybe Sweetpea has a New Years Resolution to come early. 6 weeks can go by really fast when your weekends are packed with events or upcoming Holidays. Sweetpea has been so active lately, its awesome and the hiccups are finally noticeable, I was worried I was missing out on that. I love as my shirt pops everyonce in a while due to a nice kick or jab. I do not enjoy the lovely night trips to the restroom but I was always on the go. This Saturday is my 30th Birthday and I cant wait. I unfortunately cannot open my amazing present because little Sweetpea is still cooking in the oven. Wow I am going to be a MOM!! I was a planner and still try to be at times, so I am off schedule a little. When I was in high school I thought 28: a doctor, married maybe get pregnant. 35: House, 2.5 kids, dog, loving life. But thanks to Poops, I have calmed down by 10% and try not to plan things. Was Sweetpea planned or surprise....both. I initiated the topic right before our wedding and couple of months later...nada. Once poops talked me out of my craziness, sweetpea decided to say hello finally! So a little of both. Ok back to wow I am going to be a mom! Poops and I are still crazy in disbelief that in 6 weeks there will be a baby in the bassinett (that I insisted in putting up early) which is currently being used as a coat/clothes hanger. lol. woops. lets hope i dont forget once baby gets here...
Thanks to my birthing class this past weekend which was finally informative I am currently doing research regarding: Cloth diapers and breastpump. Im still on the fence regarding the diapers, esp since I have a nice little supply of disposables at home. I know that cloth is something I can do in the beginnning, but who knows how effectively it will play out once my mom gets a hold of sweetpea full-time. Ok my heart just stopped a beat, my mother by the way is driving me crazy, ok I can breathe now. There will prob be a lot of posts regarding that wonderful lady I love but fight with on a constant basis. We must find an appropriate nickname for her that I can repeat without getting in trouble. OMG did I tell yall that we were talking about names for Grandparents, and I said mom what do u want the baby to call u? She smiled and said Momma without hesitation. I told her she was crazy! Momma? Momma? R u crazy? I said thats nice, Ill give u a name if u dont come up with one soon. She is crazy! Although I heard Gramdiva the other day and I have claimed it once my time comes u know 50 years from now. lol. So today starts my bday pampering: Nails. Wed: Hair Thurs: vacay starts at 5 pm. Fri-Sun bday trip. Sun night: Birthing class (last one thank god) Mon:Massage!!!
I cant wait for sweetpea's arrival bc that also means that maternity leave starts!!! Two Months is what I am looking forward to even tough it will be hard, I will be at home with my little one and oh yea the hubby and baby bear.
So on to new beginnings.

5 comments:

  1. How did the nickname Poops come about???? We want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! i can't believe its only six weeks away! what are you doing for your bday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have a big thing bout not arguing with ugly words or getting out of control. i think i called him a pooper scooper a long time ago and poopers just stuck. he calls me peaches, he used to call me momma from this aerosmith song. its random. lol.
    my bday we are going out of town to SA I think, nothing planned just hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the cloth diaper idea. I thought I was going to try it, but it never happened! It helps if you know a mom that does it--which now I know several here in Boston that would have helped me about a year ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this blog thing! i too cannot believe it's only 6 weeks away, i can't wait! have fun this weekend enjoying your birthday. i also like the idea of cloth diapers, i really want to try them when we decide to take the plunge and have a baby, so let me know how that goes. i'm sad i wasn't able to do your maternity pix, the weather is so gross now. when do you go back to houston? just an idea, but maybe if the weather clears up, i'm just buming around healing, but i feel really good and energetic, climbed the stairs at our apartment this morning and it actually felt easier than before my surgery. ok, gotta go, let me know. love ya

    ReplyDelete