My Belly: Week 37
Today brings two beautiful words: full-term. Now, whenever baby's born, he's likely to thrive. Also thriving? Your nesting instincts, which are behind those sudden urges to bake, clean, or embroider a onesie. (Feminists, take your issue up with nature, not with us.)
Sweetpea:Now the size of a Watermelon!
Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).
So went for weekly appt since I'm full-term. crazy..! oh yea and was checked..I am 1 cm dilated and the cervix with baby's giant noggin are all in alignment. Good to know right, not comfortable to ummm be examined, but just breathe. I told my midwife that I would love it if baby delivered this weekend, so that I would not have to go back to work on Monday, lol. She said nope, I have paperwork to do and you need to enjoy your last days/weeks with your husband. I looked at her and it finally hit me, last days with my husband? what? OMG? I have had Poops all to myself for the last 11 years and 1 month and its been great! Once Sweetpea arrives, that two of us will never be again. Listen I am so happy for sweetpea and grateful do not take this negatively. It just hit me kind of hard, so what do I do???? I go in planning mode, we need to do this and that...Of course poops just takes it in and says "Ok Hon!"
Guess what, the room is finally painted! woohoo! I'll try to post pics, but you know how that is. lol. I will post them soon! Im busy setting everything up, I have all day tomorrow to clean and organize, years worth of things that now have no significance enough to keep anymore. Isn't that weird, I keep things for memories and now with baby..I just look at it and think junk, needs to go. Just trying to keep necessities. Poops is very proud of me, now if I can only show him his little things that he wont give up so easily...I can only do so much! Poops and Christine did all the hard labor of clearing, painting and placing everything back in the room! Thank you so much!!! So in gratitude I took them to Studio Movie Grill and we watched Avatar 3D. I actually liked it!! plus it had a romantic story line and good ending, two big attractions for me..=p
4Day Weekend! I love it! I am going to organize and get the final things on our list for baby. We need to put the carseat in, but I am insisting on my car being cleaned first. We still need a stroller because we ended up returning the one we got. We are so indecisive. I feel like we need more clothes, but Poops said not until baby is born, because we have exhausted all the neutral clothing options out there...lol! So nesting here I come!
awww i love reading your blogs! i am so happy for you guys, and i totally can imagine how you feel about it not being just you and luan anymore. i'm totally enjoying my time with kris, it's always been our plan to enjoy each other and to wait to have kids. so hopefully we'll start trying in 2011 once i'm more stable in my weight. so are you doing water birth or squating/standing or in the bed?? i was watching that baby documentary Mely suggested, it was really good, business of being born
ReplyDeletePS thanks for using blog design website, without you i'd have no idea where to get them =o) remember immitation is the sincerest form of flatery
ReplyDeletethe business of being born movie plus all my Pediatrics Seminars throughout school really motivated my decision for a natural birth, I love that movie! I am doing all the options above you mentioned, whatever helps to get Sweetpea out! lol! My birthing center delivery room has a whirlpool for me to use if I want to. I really would love to have a water birth, but if used to early it can slow down your birth, so well see! my friend just had a birth at a birthing center and she used all techniques, but she said she was too tired to get in the pool. so well see, i cant wait! im so happy u joined the blog world, i love it! its my weekly journal!
ReplyDeletei can totally see u in nesting mode. like lisa said, we watched the movie and i also showed it to jc. i told him this was the route to go, since he was intimidated by the unassisted delivery. you have to give me ur midwife's name and birthing center so i can look into when my time comes around. we both realized that bringing baby into this world will mean it's not just me and him anymore, so (surprisingly!)we've decided to wait a year before trying to conceive that way we can enjoy our year as husband and wife. i'm so excited for you and i want to know details. i love the idea of a birthing center and the video just made me even more eager. also please feel free to lend me any books/videos you think will come in handy for me when that time come. thanks and happy new year!
ReplyDelete