Monday, December 14, 2009

Im 30 Baby

30!!!
I had an amazing wknd, with its up and downs but it wouldn't be a Diva Birthday without it!
So we went to San Antonio Thursday night and stayed with Denise and Danny (DD). Friday we sort of slept in and then finally went to BigZ Burgers, which Poops finally enjoyed a 1lb burger, as so did my cousin. I stuck to my 1/4 burger because I knew better, boys are hard headed. Poops and I discovered Artisan Alley, little cute boutiques where we finally invested in one pair of cloth diapers(that was all the non gender selection available) after alot of discussion. We are going to start off slow and see how it goes. Gro Baby Cloth Diapers is the line we are using and ill give u a full review once we start using it. So I then spent the rest of the night catching up with Denise and researching cloth diapers the AIO or inserts, etc... I know amazing right!! No more clubbing for me its diaper research from now on or what stroller to attain. Poops is on a mission for the Uppa Baby Stroller, it's hilarious. I'm not one to talk because I was on a mission for a certain diaper bag and ended up with fun loving Paul Frank, which I fell in love with on the first day, but you know me I have to go in my circles.
Saturday, we went to breakfast at Magnolia Pancake Haus so yummy although they ran out of the pumpkin french toast, I settled for the Cinnamon Raisin French Toast and Poops had Cajun Omelet, which of course I resisted for about 5 min and was quickly won over. lol. DD spoiled me with cute Juicy Couture earrings and Poops gave me my annual Harry Potter DVD. Love it!!!! It seems to always release right on my bday and that's all i really wanted. So it was right on time!!
We then departed off for a day of window shopping to Fredricksburg, TX. So cute and love the drive thru the Hill Country. It's a must if you are ever in the area, cute German town, antiques, knick knacks, cafes, all along the main street. 5 hours disappeared quickly and then we jetted off to our favorite mid-Austin/SA historical landmark.....San Marcos Outlets. =p
Our favorite stomping ground. We had to take the farm roads from Fredricksburg to San Marcos and the fog was very strong. What is it with this random fog. anywhoo. We were very happy to discover holiday hours were in effect and then walked for 3 hours "window shopping." How those new items ended up in the trunk, I just don't remember...hmm memory is already leaving me,,,Ha!
Sunday...Met up with DD's and had brunch at Garibaldi's located by Lackland AFB. Ppl mexican food is so good in SA, don't ask me about Htown bc its all tex mex to me here. Yummy Breakfast tacos followed by more window shopping at La Canterra...Listen some ppl love museums, theatres, movies, etc, i love my "window shopping." Plus I have resisted visiting my old friends (Macy's, Nordstroms, Dillards, Nine West, etc) since pregnancy saving operation started and it was about time I caught up with everyone. We had birthing class in Houston that evening, but we decided to rest another night since we have been staying up so late catching up with DD and I was still experiencing that random burning pain on my left side that kept me up half the night.
Denise got me hooked on Dexter, ppl you must watch it, I need Season 4 ASAP! It was so good, its funny because I'm so worried Dexter might get caught, even though he is a serial killer. How funny is that? Trying to protect the "good" killer.. I got Denise hooked on Keeping Up with the Kardashiams so we are even! =p .I finally put myself to bed at 12AM...woops there went that rest opportunity...! 5:00 AM wake up call Today was not fun, but we said bye to DD and pulled out ready for a quick ride home to be stopped short by a flat tire. Poops finally gets it changed to realize the spare is flat as well. Thank god it only needed air or we would have really been in trouble. We finally get a move on things and stuck in this random fog all the way home. I was in and out of conversation due to my persistent evaluation of the back of my eyelids. Hey I offered to drive, but Poops wouldn't allow it, who am I to push him, I'm being the good wife!! I rushed to work and cant wait for 5pm to come around, so that I can finally rest. Man 30 already and exhausted!!! We were spoiled rotten by DD and we are very thankful and blessed. Now only 5 more weeks ppl and sweet pea will gift me with his/her presence!! It's great being 30!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like u had loads of fun. I'm so happy for you. can't wait to meet the little one when he/she finally makes an appearance. merry christmas.

    ReplyDelete