Saturday, we woke up early to do our Rice Walk. Lets be honest i need more activity, bc I have been lacking my yoga practice. woops. Anywhoo, then I dragged my lovely hubby to Bebe Verde -a green baby boutique where they have a bi-monthly Cloth Diapering Class. Well all the research I was doing online was only confusing me...reading it vs actually getting a visual presentation is what I really needed. We asked questions and played with the different options...I also saw my hubby taking notes right along with me...I was impressed.
So the diapers we are most likely going to invest in are the following:
1. Gro-Baby
2. Flip
3. Econobum
These top 3 have inserts vs All in One, meaning you can reuse the cover (depending if it did not get dirty) and just replace a new insert and keep on going.
4. BumGenius 3.0
this one is a All in One but really good for naps or night-time because is separates the solids from the liquids.
We already have a Gro-Baby set and are going to slowly add to our collection. More than likely with the Econobum because its more in our price range.
Is this a green movement for us? Not necessarily, this is more a budget friendly move for us and on the upside it decreases on diaper rash issues. Did you know that you can save up to $1200 a year going cloth vs disposable. It would be really nice if I actually saw my savings in the form of a new Louis Vuitton.....oh yes Operation Baby Budget...ok im back on track. Reading all the things that are in disposable diapers just gives me goosebumps. Will I still use disposable diapers, yes more than likely when we are out and about or when I get tired or whenever.
Talk about options....When you become pregnant a whole new world of options opens up to you from feeding to birthing to vaccines to well diapers....etc. I mean through my ICPA classes I was given a variety of options that I did not take into consideration at the time, now if a patient comes in and asks about referrals or what my opinion is, I can easily answer those questions without hesitation. Now when it comes to my own health and that of my bun in the oven....people I am CLUELESS!!! It's as if any information I have stored just disappears when I have to make a decision. I am very lucky that Poops is open to all this, he is alot more Hippie (that's what my mother calls us due to our radical decisions) than I am, but we are trying to find a medium. I see it like this...our parents had choices on how to raise us...did they have all the answers NO. So we are now faced with choices to make...will they be the right ones..who knows....but we will trully find out in the end...and if all else fails...we tried it out and gave our child a taste of everything...=p
No comments:
Post a Comment