So Monday, I woke up at 6AM to an alarm clock that I have heard the past 9 weeks, but haven't paid attention to because it was for Luan...so sad. I took a shower and got ready, aroused a sleeping Baby G who woke up congested throughout the night. We nursed for a good while and I was able to cuddle him while he slept and ate. I placed him back in his crib and went to prepare breakfast. I was mentally fine because I was busy making sure I had my books, pump and snacks ready. It was time to leave so I stepped into the room where my mom was already on duty (=p) to kiss Baby G goodbye one last time.......I LOST IT!!!! Tears and tears flowed down my face all the way to work, while my loving husband tried to calm me down. I composed myself and focused on one hour at a time. My students and co-workers welcomed me back, which helped make time fly by. 20 minute break snuck up on me quickly and I hurriedly got ready so that I could pump. I can see that it might become an issue at work, because we have mini meetings or people just want to be messy....well guess what...Oh Well, it's going to happen..no matter what!!! 12pm arrived and I raced out of there as quickly as I could. I pumped in the car on the way home as Luan drove, hey I didn't want to stick around to pump when I could easily do it in the car. LOL. We finally made it home, I raced inside to find GIo sleeping in my mother's arms, I quickly changed and finally scooped up my baby into my arms as he cooed and cuddled into my shoulder...I LOST IT AGAIN!!!
Grandma Lety reported that they played for an hour, no problem taking a bottle, fell asleep in his swing while both grandma's doted on him, woke up crying and then fell asleep again in her arms where I found them. He did so good. She also mentioned that he was still congested and slightly coughed, of course I panic, but my mom calmed me down for once. Baby G and I played for a while, until he was ready to eat and nap again. We took a great nap together and then played for the rest of the evening, which flew by so fast. Since he we had been practicing his naps over the weekend, he is obviously doing so well for grandma Lety who has time to do lots of things while he naps. I guess he is overspoiled when I am there...I guess...I am not going to admit to anything! Hubby went out to run some errands since Baby G was under the weather and I stayed with him. He got an Ionic Purifier for our room. Our room gets so stuffy at night while the rest of the house is cold, it's random which we believe has contributed to our congested noses in the morning. He also got the Nosefrida, which is so much better than those sucky nose bulbs...it allows for better suctioning of the nose and you don't have to poke the baby at all. We did saline drops in his nose and then suctioned it out, which helped him breathe alot better. The night continued and poor Baby G seemed more congested as the night continued.
Tuesday-We finally woke up, Luan took over breakfast duties, while I slept in a little bit longer as Baby G fed. I finally got ready and we were out, with one last kiss goodbye. No crying, yea. I have the picture of Baby G on my cellphone as my wallpaper, where he is looking up from the sunglasses. Well I imagined that Baby G was saying "Mom do not leave me, it's not right!".....Crying commences, I can't even finish my breakfast which I end up throwing up because I was crying so hard. I know I know, I will get better. I call my mom while I pump, to check up on GIo, which of course he is doing well and actually slept it today, my grandma and mom calmed me down and assured me Baby G was fine. I had started Baby G on WishGarden Cold Symptoms for Kids Homeopathic Remedy the night before, which at first I doubted. Well when I got home...baby G was sleeping of course and he sounded alot better!! He finally woke up and it was Mommy and Baby time. We had a great evening playing with Daddy as well. Once again the evening flies by...he took another nap around 5 and I was forced to go out for a walk by the Hubby, which was great and Louie got some personal time, poor baby Louie...I am trying to make an effort, we both are! Baby G is finally down for the night well until 12/1. So I am sneaking in dinner and last minute clean-up efforts for the day.
Things that I have noted..Even though I spend every possible minute with Baby G that I can...I miss him the most during his longest stretch of sleep, because I can't hold him or cuddle with him. When he finally wakes up at 12/1, even though I am drowsy because I was able to squeeze in a 2-3 hr stretch of sleep, I love it because it's time for Baby G and I. Luan can't stop stating how attached I am to Baby G, he wonders who needs who more, Baby G or me. Oh yea, by the way, we are no longer having feeding issues..it must have been a phase, thank god! But Luan is right, I need Baby G, I love when he feeds, he looks around and then finally focuses on me as he sneaks a smile while he eats, I love it!!! I hope that everyone breastfeeds if they are able to, because it is the most enjoyable experience ever!! He is finally napping throughout the day, hopefully this is not a phase and continues it because naps are very important! One more thing...while I was pregnant I was so indecisive on what I wanted to eat and did not really have any cravings...presently...all I want is coffee and chocolate!!! It must be the stress cravings, well whatever it is, I love it, but I have to fight daily not to cave in! Need to get back on the workout wagon, which I did today...thank you loving hubby! One day at a time! Baby G is obviously in great hands, otherwise I wouldn't have returned to work no matter how much I needed the money. People make sacrifices all the time and I would have and although it would be tough financially, it is very tempting to stay home....but I won't for now!=p Well it's time for me to wrap this up, I can hear Baby G through the monitor and the congestion and runny nose have significantly decreased...Yea..hope it stays that way! Time for me to sneak in some ZZZ's.
Every nite when we put Baby G to bed, Luan tells him that we will see him in a bit under the coconut tree where we can play and have fun while we sleep and dream. So Baby G I will shortly meet ya under the coconut tree, love ya!
i hope the week has been a little better! you are such a good mommy, kuddos for taking the first step back. love ya
ReplyDeleteYay! Good Job Baby Gio, Mommy Tanya, and Grandma Letty!
ReplyDelete