So it was too good to be true, I think Gio knew that it was the weekend and we were chilling, therefore he slept long stretches or we are currently going through a growth spurt. WOW. The last two nights it's been up every 2 hours and then fighting naps throughout the day. Last night specifically, he was not having it! He would snack and then fall asleep, all the pokes and nuzzles we did to wake him, he could care less. He would not budge, so we would put him back in his crib....30-50 min later, we are up. 5 AM, Gio decided it was play time, so here we go....playing and laughing with Gio, we are dead tired, but can't resist smiles and coos. Poor Luan had to go to work while I wrestled with a mad Gio who started crying uncontrollably, and refused latching on, till he got frustrated. He latches on with such a fury, then falls asleep and stops nursing. Human Pacifier, here I come again. He finally latches on, because it's feeding time and slowly falls asleep, I swaddle him up, because his little hands wake him. 30 min later, I wake up to his crying. Poor thing, I know he is not hungry or wet, either he wants cuddling or strong rooting reflex help. I pick him up, burp for a while and then a cute lil Gio falls asleep on my shoulder. So I lay back down with him on my shoulder because let's be honest at this point we are both desperate for some rest. I wake up two hours later with a numb shoulder but a cuddly sleeping baby. Bad habit forming? Who cares!!!! A little baby needed rest and so did his momma! =p
I am thinking about going to a La Leche League meeting tomorrow, maybe get some help. We were doing so well latching on, but Momma is sore. Or Gio can just be going through a phase.. He does know the difference between night and day now..We are still working with his schedule and haven't found a good medium. We either bathe him to early or too late, or start feeds to late or early, then it just goes crazy. Sometimes it is hot or cold, here...Houston weather, so we either over/under dress him, so frustrating. It's a learning game, I know. I am just exhausted. Waiting for Luan to get home, so I can go for a walk with Gio, I left the stroller in the car and then I am off to snoozeland, after Luan gets some rest first.
Regardless of my current state of mind, a smile or coo from Giovanni can transform anyone! I just want the best for my little one and hope he is getting some rest so he can grow and develop well.
No comments:
Post a Comment