
Gio took his first steps today! It was amazing, we know its been coming, since he is holding on to us and walking with us, well today I was getting ready for a baby shower and luan called out he just took two steps, i immediately ran out, asked daddy to get the camera and sure enough Gio stood up on his own balanced and took two unassisted steps toward me! Yes it is two steps but it was AMAZING! My lil man is growing up! This week he has been standing up on his own and realizing it, other times he does it without knowledge and once it hits him he falls on his rear. It is so cute, you can see how proud he is of himself. He kept doing it over and over and then crawled away. Of course I teared up, of course I did. When I was pregnant and lately I have had dreams of gio walking with hubby down the hallway and hearing those little patitas on the floor. All we hear lately is the sound of his hands speed crawling everywhere, I love it! Daddy and Mommy are so proud of you my lil Sweetpea, you are growing up so fast!
What are you also up to these days, more teeth, its crazy! Abuelita takes you out daily to the backyard for outdoor fun and you do not like it when you have to come inside. But you wear yourself out so much that you sleep 2 hrs straight, skip lunch and zzzz away. You are humming and talking to yourself as you play. I am letting you have your own playtime vs being right on top of you. When you need me you come over hugs and kisses and off u are again. You found your nose and now we are having a hard time keeping your fingers out of them. Umm I don't love this but, but it is what it is and you are screaming when happy, sad or whatever, just screaming when you feel like it, sometimes it is happy, but umm yea not when we are out and about, lol!. You are actively sliding down your slide, without assistance. Love playing with Tita's walker instead of your own toy walker. You take out the pots and pans and hit them while we are in the kitchen, mind you mommy bought you drum set, but u know that can't compete with pots and empty coffee cans. You like playing with the leaves and twigs outside. Louie is becoming your bestfriend who you slap around (sorry louie), pull his ears and give semi-hugs, run away from....you also tend to feed him half of your meals, which I do not like, =p. At almost 13 mo you are an active baby toddler and we love it!

We also celebrated Valentine's day, Daddy and I got you a huge Frog balloon, which you instantly pointed at and then played with. Abuelita gave you a cute little teddy bear. Daddy and I went to V-Day lunch date at Nelore's Churrascaria, we tried to take you but you had just fallen asleep, so we had a private lunch. Daddy and I had a great time and caught up on everything and of course you, because we can't help it. Daddy had to go back to work and then I picked you up and attempted to take you to ride the train at Hermann Park, but they stop at 4:30pm. So instead we walked around the pond and watched the ducks. You them took Mommy to dinner at La Madeliene's, which is your favorite. We shared a grilled cheese sandwich, fruit mix, potato soup and fresh steamed broccoli. We had fun and I survived taking you out to dinner by myself. I knew it was time to go because someone decided to let everyone know we were there, lol! I packed our food away and had you secure in the Ergo, when I knocked over my cup of water, OMG i was mortified, I made such a mess. I apologized and we were out, lol! We came home, showered and off to bed we went. By 7 pm no matter what, you want to be home and then preparing for bed. By 8 we are BF and 810-20 you are asleep. The problem is that I tend to fall asleep with you, woops. It was a great V-Day surrounded by my boys, what else can I ask for?
Wednesday, Lucy and I took the kiddos to dinner at Iliana's favorite Luby's. Like I said before Gio has been picky lately and not really eating, well I thought let's share a Luann platter, um I did not expect someone to love it and eat more than his half. Lol. He loved the fish, carrots and mac&cheese. He was of course people watching and then he hung out with Tia Lucy while I worked with Iliana on her homework. Iliana and Gio make everything worthwhile with their smiles. I am a proud mama and madrina of our little munchkins. Busy week and time is just flying by! Hopefully if the weather permits we are going to the zoo this Monday!
Oh BaNoi got you a new pair of shoes today, we need to update your collection, since we can't slip out toesies in some.
Love you little one, see you under the coconut tree!
My Valentine Kiss
awww..i want one of those valentine kisses
ReplyDelete