Sunday, February 20, 2011

eek...is it to late to chicken out?

ok so today we met up with Toan and Yasmin for brunch before our Sunday Family Walk. Yasmin had just finished a half-marathon in Galveston and was feeling great. We were discussing her run and future marathons and then she said we should all do one together as a family. Luan and Toan of course were like ok, everyone looked at me...I said I will cheer you all from the sidelines because I have to watch Gio??? Yea didn't work, before I knew it I somehow unwillingly agreed to do it with them this fall. What???

So before marriage and baby G, Luan and I were working out alot, our office wasn't open yet and we had alot of free time, so we would hit Rice Track and walk/run or what I call my Turkey Trot. Either way we were doing up to 6 miles plus trotting along. It was awesome and I felt great, I continued to do it after wedding and up to 3 mo of pregnancy, but then I started getting ligament pain and continued with walking when I wasn't snoozing away.

My Dallas friends Lindsay, Gramps and Chelle always talk about doing 5k and half marathons. They actually did the Warrior Dash and had a a great time, jealous a little, but to be honest I am a big chicken don't know if I could have gone through with it, my hubby would have done it instantly. I also read my friend Lisa's blog who mentioned she signed up for a marathon/relay. Luan and I always talk about doing a half-marathon and It got me thinking, I should just sign up for it and then train, because come on otherwise I am not going to do it. But now that I am sort of committed, I want to chicken out....is it to late? I would prefer to start with a 5k, because I(we) are way out of shape, but we will see. So my goal for this week is to research some training methods and get on board, either way this is not a bad thing, working out and hopefully getting back to 6miles, because I felt great and lately not so much, this is a recurring thing here, but I need it to keep reminding myself to get me motivated. So here it is to a half-marathon. Hopefully I can get Lindsay to fly in from Chile (prob not), gramps, chelle chelle and Christine to join as well.
I think the one they are looking into is in San Antonio, so I will keep you updated, Baby G keep me on track lil man, hopefully our walks will turn into trots soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment