If you haven't been to downtown Houston, you need to, there are alot of new little restaurants, shop and park updates all over. They are trying to bring people back to downtown for family fun especially at Discovery Green, which is a must do stop if you are visiting. So early in the day, Lil G was ready for a nap (after playing with daddy in the backyard all morning) and we were ready to leave the house, so perfect timing, with nothing specifically planned, we needed to drive so someone can nap and get some rest or otherwise cranky pants would last all day. So we ended up at Lil Niko's Niko's downtown. Gio had just fallen asleep and so we put him in his stroller and went to order some yummy Greek food and enjoyed the nice sunny day. We were waiting for our food and sitting right next to us was Peja Stojakovic from the Dallas Mavericks, who are playing the rockets today. We didn't notice him until he stood up and all 6'10 of him was right in front of us. I asked Luan who it was and he immediately identified him and really wanted to kick his knees out since his dislike for Mav is so strong, but I told him I would just turn away when the cops came cause he lost his mind. This is our 2nd basketball player siting, we saw Yao Ming a couple of months ago in Chinatown. FYI: Hubby is obsessed with basketball and he gets very kid-like when he actually spots a player out, probably like me if I saw some Hollywood Actor from my favorite show or any show for that matter. Gio roused up crying and I walked him around and he instantly fell back asleep. We walked around and went into Byrd's Market and some pizza joint and got a slice of awesome pizza for later. We got in the car and drove to discovery green to park. As we parked a nice lady came up to us and gave us her parking meter ticket bc it had another hour before it expired, thank you mam! We walked down to pavilion shops because lil man was still sleeping and perused the stores. Hubby and I got some cute clothing and lil man was finally up. Tried to give him some lunch but he was not having it. Walked back to discovery green and watched as Gio went down the slide with Daddy. So cute, gio was watching all the kids run around him. He is ready to explore just as soon as he gets the walking part down. Can you please tell me why I packed the whole house in my diaper bag but forgot to put shoes on GIo or pack them away? oh well, it was too crowded to let him get down and crawl around, kids would have run him over. Well sun was disappearing and it was time to go, we went to dinner at PeiWei's with my Mom. Gio was getting sleepy again after a 2.5 hr nap and then it went downhill, he ate for a bit but wanted to nurse, which we did then he sat down for a bit more, insisted to be with my mom then we had to go. It was getting crowded and someone was tired, so off we went. He yelled quite a bit on the way home, happy, sleepy, then upset. We got home I instantly removed his jacket, socks and off he went to play. He wanted to be home, by 7 Gio is ready to be home and getting ready for bed. He really enjoyed the outdoor weather but it wore him out. He helps me pick out his PJs by opening up the nearest drawer he can find and taking everything out, when I start in on him about putting his clothes away, he flashes a smile and crawls away. He also loves to jump up and down on the bed like a little spring as long as you hold him, its hilarious. He nursed and off to dreamland he went. I heard him cry on the monitor and just waited for a bit and he fell back asleep, less than a minute. We live right next to railroad tracks and that train can be very disturbing, so I don't blame him for waking up sometimes. He just woke up again and this time I went it, he was sleep crawling, he found me and hugged me, rolled around then went back to sleep when he found a comfortable position. I am so proud of him and thankful for hubby for seeing this through. I was very strong right now and did not offer milk, gio tried but then turned away and fell asleep, he just needed some loving and then back to dreamland he went.
This past week Gio has been sleeping through the nite, I do not want to jinx it, but it's been pretty good, the only problem now is trying to get myself and hubby to sleep earlier, we are night owls and definitely not taking advantage of this new development. We are catching up at nite and just chilling together vegging, so either way still a good thing. Gio is waking up around 7-8 and then I come in and nurse. He smiles the minute he spots me and crawls right over. This morning he was very sneaky, he would not detach from feeding and fell asleep, I finally was able to detach him, crawled away and boom he sits right up and smiles. Sneaky lil man, I thought he was sleeping, nope just getting some extra milk. Yea so before Gio was eating all this meals, having one bottle during the day and then drive-by milk when I was home. Well no more milk throughout the nite except for his last feeding ~8ish and then morning feed ~8ish, he is now drinking and requesting more nursing throughout the day if I am around. He is doing a brunch thing, since he nurses he doesn't care for breakfast like he used to and just a lil snack, then plays, milk, naptime, he wakes up and then finally eats brunch. My mother is freaking out, I tell her it's just fine, Gio does not need hungryman meals 3x a day. We still feed him 3x a day for routine, but he eats until he doesn't want to anymore and this past week, he has been eating like a bird. He has also been very picky lately, I think he is just going through a phase and trying to see how far he can push his limits, which by the way his Gma's baby him when he eats, where hubby and I don't play by making him eat until he is done. I think Gio is hitting a growth spurt and nursing all the time like when he was itty bitty and getting used to this new feeding routine. He is lengthening out and to me he has lost some weight, those cheeks aren't as big as they used to be. U might see him and think differently....but my baby....is starting to look like a.....TODDLER!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! aggghhhh he is growing up!!!!!!!!! I know they do this, but why? Psycho much? YES I AM. I hug and kiss him all the time, hubby is trying to stop me but of course I ignore him!
Love you baby G! See you under the coconut tree!
FYI: Gum update, we are up to 10 teeth now possibly 12. #10 was finally spotted on the bottom row 2nd molar that has sprouted and I think i spotted two molars on top gums, but I'll verify soon. Can't feel them out because Sharkboy is vicious and dangerous, I repeat, vicious and dangerous, lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment