Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break 2011


My Little Cowboy!
Well I technically didn't have SB off, but I got Wed-Fri off, score! I have been saving my time off for our future trip to Boston, so 3 days off woohoo!!! Well you know I didn't waste anytime getting into SB mode! Wednesday, hubby got off of work and off we went too the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, love it. We walked thru the arena and I instantly spotted a stuffed bull that you can pose on, well Yes we did!! It was so cute, once I scan it, I will def post it. Gio even let the guys put on a cowboy hat and chaps, it was priceless. We walked around seeing all the animals in their cages, that the FFA kids managed. The parents and kids were sitting in the cages with the animals just chilling, eating or sleeping. Yea I decided right then and there Gio will not be in FFA unless someone else wants to sit in there with the pig, goat or cow. LOL. They have so many kid oriented activities, can't wait till Gio is a bit older to play around. Yikes I might take that back when I am exhausted, lol. We walked around and ate and ate. I had to avoid all the sweets, which was so hard, jeez I have never wanted a funnel cake more, lol! I usually stay away from the fried oreos, but of course I wanted them now. All the kiddie rides were 36 in min, we are at 31, so not there just yet. We rode the carousel 3x, it was fun but the fastest one we have ever been on. 3.5 hrs later we were ready to go home and sleep and Gio beat us to the punch.


Thursday, Angelica and Lauren invited us to Froberg's Farm to pick some strawberries, we were getting in the car when Angelica called and told us that all the strawberries had been picked. What? Ppl had come the day before and picked the place dry. So change of plans and off to the Children's Museum went. We went to the Tot Playground and 2.5 hrs later it was lunch time. We met up with Angelica and Lauren who had fun in the playground and drove to Barnaby's Cafe. Then Gio and I went home to play while Hubby went to see patients. We walked to Lucy's and played in the backyard with Iliana. Daddy came home and we enjoyed a nice dinner.


Friday, Ba Noi came over to visit and played with Gio, while Hubby and I spring cleaned. I have been using Gio's crib as extra storage space, yea its been crazy. Well everything is finally in order, things are ready to sell in our first Garage Sale and the rest will be donated. We are in such cramped spaces and need to be able to move about freely. Hubby, Gio and I took the grandma's out to an early dinner at Olive Garden. Gio loved the breadsticks and daddy's strawberry lemonade. He has been spitting out his food and been very picky. At first I thought he was just testing his eating and boundaries, but now its really bothering me. He isn't eating enough and thankfully he is nursing, but he needs to eat his food. I think I might go back to pureeing his food and build him back up. We headed back home and Gio played with BaNoi, while Mommy and Daddy went on a date...yea our date was running errands and just walking around and chilling. We were going to go to the movies but nixed it and just chilled and picked up some coffee. We came home and Lil man was still up partying it up with BaNoi. He is hilarious, cheesing at every opportunity and giving so much love in his bear hugs. Thankfully we still have Sat and Sun off. Maybe some more outdoor fun??
We enjoyed this past Sunday at Menil park, just chilling!


1 comment:

  1. Wow...he just keeps growing up on us! Looks like you all had a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete