Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nursing Days


So I decided this week to stop pumping, I am still nursing, but pumping is no longer worth the effort. When this all started I used to get two 4ml bottles full, then slowly 3 ml, 2.5 ml now 1 ml sometimes.... About two months ago we started implementing almond milk here and there. We were going to use cow's milk, but compared to Almond Milk it has the same benefits even more Vitamin D. Anywhoo, when I had asked the Pedi about this he recommended Cow's milk, but since I am still nursing, milk really is not a priority, but I will introduce cow's milk later this year. So Gio has 1-2 bottles while I am gone. When he sees his bottle, he reaches and cries out for it, he is hilarious. He can be crying or playing and bottle comes out and his whole persona changes. Gio does this little chuckle, smile, kicks his feet all over when he is about to nurse or get his bottle. Nursing is still going strong, AM, PM and 1-2 times when I arrive home. We no longer nurse through the nite, I think I mentioned that previously and I am very proud that Gio is sleeping again, those teeth make a huge difference. (Eeek we have two more to cut one day, not looking forward to those) I will pump when I am gone for more than 6 hours from lil G, but for now I am retiring the pump. It feels liberating to not drive and pump, hey gotta do it when I can fit it in. I can't believe at 15.5 months that we are still nursing, preGio I thought I will try it for 3-6 mo, with Gio up to 1 yr, now 2 yrs is my max. This past weekend he was not interested in nursing throughout the day, I was concerned are we weaning already, on our own? But come nite time that idea was quickly gone because lil man was ready. We will cross that weaning road when we come to it, hopefully not anytime soon.

Cloth Diapers- We started those around 2/3 months when we finally ran out of the diapers we were given during our baby showers. Cloth diapers were great and we used them daily unless my aunt was taking care of Gio or we went out and about. When we were nursing around the night, the cloth diapers would not hold up through the nite and we switched to disposable. Cloth are now used sparingly and pure to just laziness. I need to get back to them, because we were saving money and along with the cloth wipes. Like I said just plain laziness.

I am starting to work more hours, not full-time but when I get home I am exhausted and have a 2-3 hr span before Gio goes to sleep, and the evening runs by so fast. Today I was stuck in traffic and driving all over Houston for site visits, walked into the house and I get a huge smile and HIIIIIIIII!!!!! from Gio. He runs over to me and hugs my legs, allowing every exhausting feeling leave my body. I hope everyone gets to come home to a huge smile and hello.

I saw this on FB today and love it!

I've carried a child within my body. Slept with a baby on my chest. I've kissed boo boos and mended broken hearts. I've been puked on, peed on, pooped on, and spent sleepless nights in the rocking chair, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My body isn't magazine perfect, but when I look in the mirror I see a MOM, and there is no greater honor or blessing!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the momma's in our lives and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment