
Has this month flown by or what? We have been hanging around the house and enjoying the semi-cool/warm days outdoors. I am so anxious for our trip next week to Boston, I am so not trying to overplan it, but u know me I cannot resist. I have never had a chill vacay, we always have something planned, well this isn't a beach so its time to explore Boston and its surroundings. This is also going to be a very good learning experience, because we will not have the comforts of our car, public transporation is the way we are going. I am wishing for a very smooth and fun week. Gio got a little tricyle from my mom today and new motorcycle, it is never ending with the automobile toys here.
Gio things you have done this month so far:
1. We went to Moody Gardens and met up with the Resendez family. The Aquarium was nice and spent alot of time looking at the seals and penguins. Since we were in Galveston we enjoyed a nice lunch in downtown and then went to go see a departing cruise ship. I kept repeating bye bye barco and Gio copied me and said it as well. Now Barco is his favorite word. He couln't roll the R so it sounded like Baaaa Cooo. Now he has been practicing and is BaRRRRCo, hilarious. I've tried moto y caro, but no such luck. We talk alot in the car on our drives and he is climbing and jumping everywhere. We also met up with lucy for dinner and had a mini reunion, love my girls and kiddos!



2. Mommy and u went to the zoo, we got to feed your favorite animal the giraffe. We have a giraffe in the room and somehow in most of his books, so he has come to recognize it and points it out anytime it comes up in a book. We fed 3 pieces of romaine lettuce to the giraffe, which went by really fast and you were not allowed to pet them, boo! We also went to go view the chimps, Gio was drinking his bottle and was right up against the glass and this chimp came right in front of him when he spotted the bottle, kids who were right next to us ran away screaming and gio jumped into my lap, it was the most active the chimps were, hilarious.
3. Started gymboree class, first one he has timid, 2nd not focused, kept escaping during group time, 3rd class my mom reports he paid attention to teacher and followed directions. He even kissed gymbo goodbye, instead of hiding. I took him to open gym, he ran right in and started climbing on the toys and knew were things were placed. It was fun to be on his turf and I followed around as he played. He socialized with this little girl, at first he tried to share his toy by throwing it at her, i caught him and said no we sit and say hello. he sat right down looked at her then very loudly said HIIIIIII and waved his hand, i was surprised. he never does that, especially when I ask him, he always does hi or bye as an after thought. the little girl's mom started laughing it was so cute. Then he took off still saying HI all over the place.
4. Tried to make the last storytime, but missed it by 5 min so we went to totland, it was over crowded. I decided since we drove the whole way there we would play for a bit, gio of course found a car and off brroomm brrrooom he went. this other kid came by, took it from him, gio got up and went after him and kept pointing at the car and looking at me, i said dont worry got him another car. I finally distracted him and brrooom brooom again the same kid comes by and takes it away, this time i got it back and said thank u, the mom looked at me, hey its all about sharing right? I have noticed that sometimes Gio is timid when doing things, he hesitates and then sometimes goes through with it or not. I am hesitant did I do that to him or is that just his nature who knows. I want him to be free and off to the races but careful, hehe I guess you can't ever be satisfied. At gymboree if someone takes each other's toy the mom steps in and gives it back and tells the kid no, i really don't care but i guess every opportunity can be a lesson. It warms my heart when GIo saw a baby today and went and shared his toy with her, so cute. I hope he always is as nice and shares!
5. Gio's internal alarm clock sets off at 6:30 AM everyday. We used to lounge around the house until we had to go to work, well now we are attempting to go jogging in the mornings, hey we are already up, might as well. Some days are successful some are not. I also started Zumba wii, so much fun! I need to incorporate it daily, it is a must and did I say fun already?

6. Finally bought new shoes a pair of Stride-Rite sandal/tennis shoes and a pair of Puma's. Umm kid shoes are the same as adult prices, what is going on with the world. I thought his other shoes would last, yea no, we are out, time to donate or sell them off. Gio is currently a size 7 and possibly could fit a 7.5, depends on brand. The TOMS I bought that were semi-big now are just right almost too tight. geez kid slow down. I wanted these saucony but they fit just right and puma's were a tid bit bigger. I want some use of more than a month, I'll buy the saucony when he is at an 8, which is right around the corner. jeez.

7. Celebrated Carlos and Gram's Bday this month and today is Christine's bday as well. Happy Birthday May Babies! Carlos requested a healthy birthday cake and I found an improved carrot wheat cake recipe, this one was amazing compared to the one that I made for Gio. New fav recipe! All healthy trademarks are lost once I spread the awesome delicious frosting on top, oh well helps a little right?


8. Today it was kidapalooza at one of those bounce places, I looked it up and read that toddlers are welcome. So we went, it was packed, i figured well lets go look around and decide if we want to stay. I saw other moms with toddlers and babies so hey why not, I stepped into one of the rooms, walked in and walked right out. It was packed and kids were running everywhere at full steam. Yea not ready for that, we went home had dinner and played with his new tricycle.
9. Gio was biting/hitting and has started again, i guess teeth pain but either way biting/hitting a person is a big no no. When he kisses its sloppy and sometimes a bite. My mom and grams thinks it is funny, luan and i do not, so today he hit me, enough was enough, I had been yelling at him previously and realized I didn't want to be that person, my dad would yell at me so loud I hated it, at 16 months I don't need to get crazy and yell, there are other ways. is this permanent who knows, but for now I don't want to do that. My mother on the otherhand keeps repeating he is just a baby, although she is completely manipulated by him and sometimes raises her hand as she yells at him to enforce what she is saying. He cowers (sp?) and when she doesn't hit, he laughs. Before when he would bite I would get his mouth and say no. Listen Gio is smart he is not a baby, he most of the time knows no and yes. He is really testing his boundaries. So with my mom and grams he is running the boat, do i like it, hell no, can i change it, no. I tell them but while I am gone, they don't care. they think its cute. On the other hand when I get home he thinks he can do the same and gets a surprise awakening when I don't run to him every time he cries. (I used too don't get me wrong, i'm a sucker as well but I am learning, this is my first kid i'll be better by the 3rd or 5th one, lol yea right) Anywhoo my students have kids and tell me all that they do, luan comes home and talks about how so and so was late because they were whooping their kid or fighting with their grownass kid. yea it freaks me out. Man sometimes gio gets me where a nice little spanking would be right, actually luan play spanks him on his diaper butt, gio laughs. Yea I think he is going to be that kid that laughs if he gets spanked. anywhoo, back to where I was.. I do not want to be raising my voice and getting crazy, I figured hey timeout, let's try that (i had been watching supernanny) So i sat gio down, he kept getting up after about 10 times he finally sat down 1 min, I talked to him about what he did, by now he most likely forgot, but its about consistency right? oh well luan said this is a waste of time because it will not be reinforced, i said oh well, he needs to know that with mom and dad this crap doesn't fly. I mean who was not spoiled by their grandparents? Luan's mom was the enforcer in his house and we joked that gio got spanked or will get spanked, she said NO! Ugghh did u not spank luan, she doesn't care nor does my mom, Gio is their little angel and perfect. I didn't get spanked, luan did, we argue on how we want to raise gio, we will figure it out. Is luan better bc he got spanked or am I? r u really the person now bc you got spanked or not. am i spoiled more than luan hell yea i am I'm on only child he is the middle, you just can't compare. oh well to each his own, for now at house of nguyen: timeouts are being enforced. Next month who knows?
Love my hubby who is joining me in this evolving chapter of parenthood! Nite nite little dynamite! See you under the coconut tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment