Friday, June 3, 2011

Boston Bound!

So my plans of early packing did not go as planned, yea we washed and had everything ready just the actual packing was a no go. We really wanted BBQ for Memorial Day and invited hubby's family over for a late lunch. Well little did we know it, just cleaning around and chilling and then ppl started arriving a little lunch turned into a party. Fun, hectic and busy but enjoyed every minute with family and friends. Exhausted from a relaxing wknd and bbq party we turned in early. Tuesday we got home from work and packed. Well I tried to but kind of hard with Gio taking everything out as I place it in the suitcase. So i finally just threw everything in, put him to bed and then waited for hubby to come home to finalize packing. Wednesday morning we chilled, let gio play around and then took off for the airport with my mom. He fell asleep on the way and once we got there, he was just staring at everybody around. We didn't go through the new scanners which panicked me, but they only last about 10 sec and not loud at all as I have heard. Gio's milk and juices were scanned for possible toxic warfare that it might contain, seriously? Anywhoo we walked to our gate let gio roam around while I picked up lunch nearby and then boarded. We were grounded at IAH bc we were going to arrive early and Boston was having delays by 25 min. Oh yes I almost forgot, so we were packed in our row and there were two seats next to us free, I asked our row buddy if she would like to move over, she said sure lets ask the attendant, so as she came up, we asked and the guy behind us immediately swoops in and takes the seat, the attendant got hot and said sir, the seat is for them they asked, he made a fuss and said it was unfair and they were just as crowded. She said too bad they asked they get preference, so our row buddy moved and we got the row to ourselves. Gio fell asleep for an hour and then played the rest of the time between us. Two hours later he was ready for another nap and perfect because I was exhausted. We finally landed in Boston safely after very rough turbulence that woke me up and had me clinging to Gio in my lap and then sat on the tarmac for 40 min because of bad weather and were not allowed to pull into a gate. Gio woke up and that nauseating warm air filled the cabin. He entertained himself with the planes pulling up beside us. Christine texted us that she was on her way because South of Boston was in tornado warning, what? Jeez, I was freaked as it was supposedly thunderstorm warning for the day. Yea plane starts to move and I start clapping all by myself when we can get off, lol! We find Christine and get our luggage. It was not raining so we took the train. I was freaking out, but Gio did great, he was in a zone, staring at everything and absorbing it in. We took a bus to the train stop, two diff trains and then walked 8-10 min to Christine's apt. Exhausted and out of breath doesn't even cover it. Gio took off and started playing as daddy and i recovered. I carried the kid and hubby took care of our luggage, whew long day, but we made it and excited for the upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment