Sunday, June 12, 2011

Boston Day 2


Wow, hectic morning, gio is very attached to momma, and wouldn't let me get ready. But we finally got out of the house, rushed out the house, lol! We headed to the New England Aquarium, thanks to Hebert who got us tickets. We wanted to go whale watching, but we missed the first tour and decided to go to the Aquarium in the meantime. A very different Aquarium then the ones we are used to. Penguin area is open and a huge tank three-stories high is located in the center surrounded by a stairway that you can go up each floor.

Usually we take our time through places but Friday was fieldtrip day and it was extremely crowded. We rushed through the whole place, gio was ready for a nap and it was getting crazy with the kids running all over the place. I wanted to put Gio down to walk along the tanks but it was hectic. I was under the impression that the next whale boat was at 12:30 so we had 30 min, so we decided to head over and get tickets. Christine had recommended to try a Lobster Roll and they had a stand outside of the Aquarium and of course we had to stop to get one. YUMMY!!! It was packed to the max with lobster meat and so yummy, I am defintely hooked. alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5617763371326473426" />I was excited about buying tickets, and guess what, I heard wrong, it was at 12, boo. The next vendor had one at 1:30. We walked around and had a nice long lunch, which Gio needed to eat and relax. I put him in the carrier, we finally walked over to the boat and guess who is so excited about boats and saying barco that he fell asleep. It is a 3 hr boat trip and he was asleep for half of it. He woke up right when we got to the whale reservoir area. Ok the advertisement for whale watching has whales jumping out of the water, just very active. You know i was expecting Shamu type action....What did we get, fins surfacing the water, for all I know they were dolphins. It was a nice and relaxing boat ride until Gio was done with it, I gave him to Luan because the swaying of the boat finally caught up to me and I became very sea sick. I put my head down and rested and finally felt better. We finally got back to port and walked over to Christopher Columbus Park.






Gio was happy to be on land again as well because he took off once we hit the playground. Christine met up with us and we headed over to the NorthEnd which is aka Little Italy. Had to stop off by Mike's Pastry which has about 30+variety of cannolli's. We got limoncello, strawberry, chocolate mousse, pistachio, a red velvet moonpie and walnut brownie. Yummy!
We had to eat before dessert and headed to Regina's Pizzeria, serving since 1926. We got the Giambotta and Spinaci , Brocoli E Pomodoro , yummy! Gio fell asleep in my lap while we ate and on the way home. After dinner, we headed to Paul Revere's house but not before stopping to pick up gelato and then the Holocaust Memorial. Paul's house was closed but it was part of the freedom trail and I wanted to stop by, look how excited I was, lol. The Memorial is very powerful, 4 glass towers with vents at the bottom with steam rising, it is eerie, we walked through but very eerie.
Little man woke up finally and we stopped by the playground across from the train station before heading home. The playgrounds are awesome and he loved going up and down everything.

Gio can only do about 30 min since it has been a long day and then he walks away letting us know, ok I am done ready to go home. lol. Can I just say if I haven't already the parks in Jamaica Plain are amazing! They have playgrounds for miles on every block, each one has a water sprinkler system that the kids love, Gio was tempted but it was too cold, but the boston kiddos loved it, especially since they have been in sweaters for months.

We hanged out and chatted after Gio went down for the nite and then all went to sleep. Great busy day discovering Boston. We are definitely being spoiled by nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment