Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Boston Day 5

Catch up day!
We pretty much visited everything and decided to go back to the places we really liked. We hopped on the train and went to Cambridge, such a cute little town and then walked to MIT. Huge difference in buildings Harvard vs MIT. We couldn't figure out where the next train stop was and got directions, but either way it was a 10-15 min walk in either direction, so we decided to walk over the Charles River bridge and incidently ended up where we wanted to go Newbury St/Fenway. We needed to exchange a shirt at Fenway and took Beacon St in that direction. We passed Boston University whose mascot are Boston Terriers, so cute. FYI we saw tons of Bostons everywhere we went, which I thought was due to Boston the city, not BU whose mascot is one. LOL. woops. I had to buy something, so we got Gio a BU Sport Bottle with a cute boston on it, hello Mr. Louie has to represent. Fenway was in the vicinity but our tummies required assistance ASAP, so we stopped by UNO's Chicago Grill. YUMMY! The pizza was traditional Chicago deep dish, I have never been to Chicago but from what i was told very traditional, the crust made the pizza.

We ordered a kids meal for little G, nuggets and broccoli. I was going to do grilled chicken but figured oh come on nuggets wont bother him. Laid his food out in front of him and he reached out for broccoli and chowed down. Hilarious this whole vacay, his vegetables came first. Cute little boy!
We walked to Fenway which was around the corner, Gio helped us by pushing his stroller.
We followed our route back and headed to Newbury St again and window shopped, ok maybe shopped a little...lol! I insisted on going back to Mulberry Road which where we originally bought Gio shoes the first day, well I went back for another pair, cute leather shoes with elephants on it. Need to look for some more online. Had to get Size 8 so then can last for a while. We continued down Newbury St and then finally headed home. Attempted the Swan boats again, but ran out of time. Playground time again while Gio ran around Luan and I took turns playing with him while the other rested. I think our vacay finally caught up with us and our feet. Headed home for dinner and started packing. Christine offered to babysit GIo so that we could have a date nite. I was hesistant because I didn't want her to be bothered with putting Gio to bed. Luan calmed me down and so we got ready. Gio knew something was up because I was in dressy clothes and not PJ's. Christine distracted him and we snuck out. We went to the prudential tower mall and ate at Legal Seafood. We had a window view and enjoyed a Steak and Lobster meal with oysters and a clam chowder. (my first time trying oysters..not bad) I really wanted Lobster, but we couldn't with Gio around because he would not sit through that meal. We talked and enjoyed our meal, I sipped on a white wine sangria which hit me quick! The waitress was really sweet and took pics for us. So yummy! Nice meal but to be honest we were really exhausted! Very romantic and exhausted, lol!.



We walked to the Prudential Tower and went to the 55th floor to the Top of the Hub Restaurant to get a nice view of Boston while we enjoyed dessert, we ordered Boston Creme Pie and The hostess would not give us a window seat if you were only having dessert, had to spend a min of $24/pp. If we had known that we would have eaten dinner there. So we sat at the bar enjoyed dessert and coffee and then took pics by the windows, regardless the view was beautiful.
Tom, Christine's neighbor had recommended it to us, and it was a great choice for the end of our trip. Christine had texted me earlier that Gio was asleep and rested, so happy she didn't have a hard time. I warned her that he might put up a fight in an hour, he sometimes wakes up an hour later and then goes to bed for the nite. We took the train home, I was tipsy, ppl probably thought we were drunk, because Luan and I giggled the whole way home. Exhaustion I tell you, we are very romantic still, lol! Little man had given war to Christine right before we got home and Hebert played his guitar which calmed him down and he fell asleep. lol. I warned her. Luan and I stayed up late packing, still giggling and exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment