
Yea Christine is off and hanging out with us. Well today is beach day, but let me tell you it is windy outside. Well we figured we would still go to walk around, obviously not tan or swim. We were going to go to Manchester by the Sea but it would take to long to get there by train and we had already started out late, so we decided to go to Revere Beach instead which was only 30 min away on train. Off we went and little man fell asleep, woohoo! The minute we got out of the train station the cold wind hit us, wow freezing, but Gio was covered and we figured wouldn't hurt to walk around.



The beach looked so inviting except for coldness. The water was nice, sunny and clean sand, man any other day with some warmth we would def be hanging out for the day. Christine is so lucky to be so close and by train. She recommended we go eat at Kelly's Roast Beef, which has awesome Clam Chowder. Well it was a mile walk but with the wind took us a while. People were in the water and sunbathing, crazy. Like I said Boston ppl have been in sweaters and this wind was nothing to them. We finally made it to Kelly's and ordered a Scallop and Fish Plate, Surf & Turf Plate and clam chowder. OMG it was so good and fresh. Scallops were yummy and we had another lobster roll with roast beef sandwich.


Yummy Clam chowder, it wasn't Campbell's that's for sure, Gio did not wake up at all so we continued back to the train and bought a fish sandwich to go for him. On our way back he woke up and kept pointing to the beach, he signed cold a lot but insisted on going to the beach. So I took him because Hubby didn't want to get sandy, sheesshhh! I put Gio down to walk and he was not going for it, I picked him up and walked to the shore and put my toe in, just to sample...COLD!



We walked away and then got back on the train and headed to Cambridge. HARVARD ppl, here come the Nguyen's!
I love that you can get everywhere just a train ride away. We walked right into Harvard Square and explored the area.


A cute children's store Curious George Playground was closing down and I had to get a couple of things. We sat in one of the courtyards so Gio could eat his sandwich and picked up some JP Lick's Icecream, yummy! I am sorry to Christine and Hubby I might have got a little testy, we decided not to bring the stroller and I wanted Gio to walk but he was all over the place, so we picked him back up. I just wanted Gio to walk so he could stretch his legs, but anywhoo we kept on going. After icecream we toured the Harvard grounds, beautiful.



We then toured Cambridge, so many boutiques and cute restaurants but unfortunately we were not hungry. Gio fell asleep again and we continued exploring and then hopped back on the train to head home. Guess who wakes up right when we get home and so we head to the playground.

When we get home I make dinner for all and then rest. Wonderful and exhausting day!
No comments:
Post a Comment