Gio's Day! Gio woke up, very needy and clingy to Mommy, he didn't want Daddy and people were sleeping, that I quickly put on my workout pants and so did Hubby and off we went for a walk. Hebert directed us to Canto 6 for fresh baked goods and coffee. Yea we overdid it again. We walked through Jamaica Plains, picked up some yummy treats, through downtown Central St. and ended up at Jamaica Pond. Gio was asleep halfway through that, I knew he was still sleepy but nothing would calm him down. Fresh air does the trick and what a way to start the day. Jamaica Pond is gorgeous and very peaceful. We enjoyed the scenery and our breakfast goods, while Gio slept. A man came up to us and asked Luan if he was the father of the baby, we answered Yes. He continued on to tell us how lucky and blessed we were and how children are little miracles. He talked to us for a bit, told us he has Alzheimer's and goes walking around the Pond daily. Very sweet, random but sweet. By the way, Gio causes a commotion everywhere we go, ppl stop us to say Hi to him or tell us how cute he is everywhere we went. Who can blame him, he is adorable! We strolled around the pond and then finally called Christine to see if she was ready for a late brunch. We walked to Centre St and met them at VeeVee's for brunch. Luan had fried eggs with fried oyster plate and I had a Vee Sandwich, yummy! Gio enjoyed breakfast and people watching, he loves it, wonder where he gets that from? Most of the restaurants in Jamaica Plain are about all organic and locally grown products. Hebert had to run an errand and we decided to shop around the boutiques on Centre St. We stopped by Salmagundi, awesome indy hat shop. Luan lost his hat on the boat when he stepped out with Gio when we went whale watching. There were so many options, I have been looking for a nice summer hat as well, i have difficulties finding ones because of my big head that stores my big brain, lol! I picked one out that I fit, but I had to leave bc Gio was getting restless, so we played outside while Auntie and Daddy shopped. We finally went back in and they were checking out and I said Hey where is mine? I quickly added my hat to the pile and noticed Christine picked the same one out, we have great similar taste, I asked if she minded, she said no and off we went, the new Hat group. We shopped around and stopped by the City Feed and Supply store, all organic, home grown products, love it! We finally walked home for a nap, but Gio beat us to it, he fell asleep again, he loves the fresh air. We arrived home, refreshed and headed out again for a snack to take to the park. We did not stay in that apartment, the weather was beautiful outside and we took advantage of it. Off to the park we went and ate our sandwiches while Gio enjoyed the playground, he would take breaks and snack for a bit and then go back He was all over the place, we thought about going into town to do some shopping, but nah, it was a relaxing, lazy Sunday at the park. We walked home and made dinner for Gio. Hebert and Christine made pizza's for the dinner party later in the evening. Hebert's friends and neighbors came over, Gio was too busy playing with Tom's dog Lucy. Lucy was nice and let Gio hug and pat her over and over. Nice dinner party, until I had to put Gio down. He had a very busy day playing and quickly fell asleep. I went back to listen to the live music Hebert and his friend's were playing. A great end to Gio's day! I love his excitement, aww my little boy is growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment