Saturday, July 30, 2011

18 months!

Happy 18 months lil GiGi!!! Busy month that mommy hasn't updated in a while...yikes,so let's catch up! You still had a runny nose from the 4th of july wknd, but no other symptoms, just clear runny nose on occasion. We went to celebrate Iliana's Bday and you just woke up coughing here and there all day long, not just ur regular clear your throat cough, but repetitive coughing, so I of course started my litte homeopath routine, which I should have started earlier but I did not. Iliana had her 6th bday party at Bounce U, an indoor jump playground. There was this huge slide that Daddy insisted on taking u,I was so hesitant but fine and up yall went, of course you are unfazed but your dad later mentioned he was hesitant once up at the top. We played around and then it was lunch time. After the party we went home and u took a nap, woke up coughing and then didn't have a good afternoon. Sunday woke up coughing even worse and was very needy,not a happy camper at all, poor u gigi! Well the coughing fits got worse when u would get upset, u refused to eat only nurse, no fever, what in the world was going on and your breathing was getting very labored...uggh. you finally took a nap and breathing became regular so mommy stopped packing for the ER and we finally fell asleep. Monday we woke up and coughing wouldn't stop and your breathing was very unsettling I headed straight to the Pedi with u. The pedi was very concerned and gave u a breathing treatment and steroid, you were not happy to be there and got very worked up which made ur breathing even worse. I knew deep down your lungs were not functioning at 100%, pedi agreed and sent us to ER for chest xrays (rule out pneumonia) and pertussis test. As we were leaving office steroids must have hit ur system and u finally smiled and talked to the whole staff on our way out. We picked up some chick-fil-a and u ate because who knew how long we would be at the ER and nobody had eaten. We finally arrive, u are in great spriits, just talking talking, we get a room quickly, the ER doc and nurse were so nice. They agreed that tests needed to be taken because of breathing just wanted to rule out possible diseases. Chest xrays were fast you did not like being held down,but such a trooper,thank u jesus, quick nose swab and finger prick. After your torturing session, I am so sorry, we fell asleep for 2 hours. Everything came back negative, results viral,meaning who knows especially since no fever, who knows, possible allergies? Thank god it was not pneumonia or pertussis, but what can I avoid. We came home to rest and you quickly took off and started playing, whatever came left just as fast, you took your meds the rest of the week and all is well, jesus honey mommy was stressed out, no wonder all my greys are coming out. Seriously you bounced back quickly and playing like nothing and runny nose finally gone. We took an extra week off from any outside playgroups and just went walking and biking. Daddy bought mommy a new bike and infant carrier for you. We went biking on Sunday to Meyerland, had breakfast and then biked back. On the ride back you were talking, talking, talking next thing I know you kept hitting me on my back with your helmet, I kept saying Gigi, u k?? I pull over and find u fast asleep, hilarious. We took the back roads and it was hot but we took the shady way and had an awesome breeze. Great first family bike ride 22 miles!!! We chillaxed the rest of the day and had an awesome Sunday. Tio Jorge y Tia Betty arrived this week from Montreal, they are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. They came to hangout with Tita for a week then off for a weeklong cruise tomorrow. I don't know if it was your meds, the visitors or mommy/daddy arriving later from work, but you have disrupted your night time sleep habits, staying up very late, even though mommy starts nitetime routine early, just figthing sleep u r! Stay young honey and sleep, you will miss it soon enough, lol! Today mommy threw a baby shower for Danette and little Ava, you and Daddy went to OngBa Noi's for the day, I am here awaiting for you and daddy's return. Tomorrow we have a packed schedule as well, but all is worth it to be with Daddy and you!
You are really wanting to show your independence right now, you will eat more if u feed yourself with the fork, running away on your own, signal its ready for a nap bc u get a book and take it to bed, read on your own, only when u want something explained do you want help. I am very proud of you, even when u got into the dinner table chair and played with mommy's computer, except the next day u pulled out the shift key, not kewl. Oh well, learning process all around, love u!

Nite my loves!!!
















Gio is our sunshine and we take every opportunity to film him, lol! enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment