Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tandem Bike Fun/Paranoia








I am a control freak and no shame about it, just watch the video below, I mean come on my loved ones already know this, but with my husband at the wheel of a tandem bike on the seawall and my little one in the front, it was overboard control freak. Saturday started off with a family walk then breakfast at Cue's burgers. We went back home for naptime, while mommy and daddy cleaned. Gio woke up to a clean house and then we took off for fish tacos and then an evening stroll in Galveston. Originally we were going for a stroll but we saw so many people on those tandem bikes, we were intrigued. Luan and I have always talked about renting them but never do (25+yrs of going to G-town and never), we parked near one and asked what the age limit was, 1 and up. Perfect. The front is kind of like a grocery cart seat with a seatbelt. I of course nervous about everything especially to cross the street, that was fine but we had to turn and it felt like Luan wasn't braking and we were going to fly off the seawall, exaggerating??? NO I am not, i put my feet down to brake a big No No, I got tears, hello my little one is in the front, Luan had it in control but either way I didn't see that. Hello Safety first. Only one person steers and I had the fake steering wheel, the whole trip I am trying to steer (control) and just plain useless. Luan wouldn't trade with me and purposely went close to the edge and steered crazy at times to bother me, uggh! We had a great time, Gio of course was living it up, pointing at all the birds, kites and cars that interested him. He was looking everywhere and relaxed in the front, kind of like a stroller. He is so cute, his little arm was resting on the back of the seat just chilling, so grownup hilarious. It was an hour ride and a great workout, even though Luan pedaled harder than I did, woops. Safety 1st, gosh that boy kept freaking me out, lol! Nice Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment