Saturday, July 9, 2011

4th of July



Dallas Finally! We have an awesome flight early Saturday morning and are picked up by Lindsay and Jeremy. It was great to finally see Lindsay in almost a year! Of course we all catch up like it was just yesterday. We head to Casa Grimmett and hang out then to the McKie household. Gio meets two new buddies to play with CeCe and Sugar (the mckie babies). Sugar had nothing to do with GIo but CeCe and G got along great. They followed each other along and Gio made sure she had her bone. It was hilarious, then it was naptime for all, while we watched a movie. Saturday was a hangout day, everything was going well then Gio turned on a switch around 7pm and he wasn't having anything to do with anyone but me. So I decide its time for bed after a quick shower in the garden tub, which Gio screamed bloody murder, he hated it. Off to bed we go, he wasn't happy and then finally he falls asleep. Daddy stays with GIo while Lindsay and I head to Target for some fun. Lindsay was a kid in a candy store, it was hilarious...but I totally understand, when I came back from my extern in Mexico, Target was like a Nieman Marcus compared to everything else, can't get enough Target! We came home with all of our packages and then went to bed. We were sleeping just great then Gio woke up and it was a long night, I could hear his nose congested and he was not feeling well. No fever but something was not allowing Gio to sleep. In the morning we chilled and attempted breakfast, he was ok, hung around then Gio started crying again it was nonstop. I know kids cry but when you are not in your own home and other people have to be subjected to your child crying and you don't know what is going on, nothing helps, it puts my nerves on end, I felt bad for Gio and for everyone who was in the house listening. After a long and I mean long cry he finally calmed down and then as if nothing. We had a great afternoon, went to eat yummy burgers at Kenny's, walked around the mall even went on a carousel ride, came home then took a stroll to the park, played and played till all of our cheeks were red, came home, took a nice shower and enjoyed some pizza. GIo was close to sleep but we didn't want the same nite so we kept him up a bit, it was close to the Addison Kaboomtown Firework time and we decided to head over in that direction. We ended up watching the firework presentation parked along the tollroad. He even peeked out of the sunroof for a better view. Gio was focused and mesmorized, we then headed home not even 2 minutes into the ride and little man was out. We had a very restful nite. Monday we all woke up and then headed off to the Allen outlets. We all did a an hour-long power shopping event and then headed home for lunch. The heat and stroll put Gio straight to naptime for 3 hours with daddy, while I packed and had lunch. When they got up, they finally ate and then headed off to the airport. Lovefield was not our friend this time around, the SW ppl were very rude and so was TSA. I have only had great previous experiences there, but not this time.
Then we finally get on the plane but a light came on so we sat at the gate for 45 min while maintenance took a look and completed paperwork. By this time I was nauseated and caught whatever Gio had allergies or flu. I was delirious the air was nauseating and I was starving, We finally arrive home an hour later and thankfully my mom was right outside. It was a great trip to catch up with Lindsay, Michelle and Jeremy. Great friends and always offer the best hospitality, love you all so much. Thanks again for everything. See y'all soon!

PS Gio's new ride and fun at Gymboree

No comments:

Post a Comment