Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Plastic House
In the 80's, movies featured homes with furniture covered in plastic...well I am on the verge of doing that myself....=/ What a brilliant idea, those people were probably potty training and then got past the training and kept it. Genius! Today, Gio and I have embarked on a new journey of transitioning to Big Boy Underpants. I regrettably bought a whole new box of diapers and then convinced to do potty training... How was I convinced..well I was conversing with my students about our kids and I told them how proud I was that Gio told me he did no 2 and needed a diaper change. Slowly I have noticed the signs, but I figured that we would wait till after our trip in September to initiate potty training....yikes did I just admit that, yep sure did. Who wants to go to a foreign place and look for RR? The majority of my students work for daycares and in the 2-3 yo age and had assumed I had started already. Nope, they suggested this is the best time especially since you have spring break...so here I am potty training Gio using the 3 day method. And as expected we are accident happy! Gio woke up and found tons of new items just for him in the house: a truck potty, potty chart, potty books, big boy undies and a bag full of treats if he uses the potty appropriately. We had breakfast and I explained what we were going to do. We lounged around for a bit and then it was time to say goodbye to his diaper and hello to his big boy underwear! He was excited, but didn't care for sitting on his potty. I stuck by him all day and everyte I turned away for a sec accident happy. I really thought he would be grossed out about being wet since he is such a neat freak, but he was not. Being in a diaper for 2 years has really desensitized him, so we r workin in that. I keep reminding him over and over since he is a big boy now he has to tell mommy that he has to go potty. I think he is annoyed by me now. We spent the day reading, playing, watching his new obsession blues clues and coloring on crayolas mess free page stickers. Didn't realize how much time I didn't spend with Gio, because I was busy cleaning, cooking or catching up with things around the house. Now I do spend time with him but now that my every minute is spent with him, it just surprises me...but things have to be done....anywhoo little one is enjoying his time. I was debating whether to put a pull-up at nite or just continue with what we were doing. Right before bed, gio broke down and had a really bad accident, we cleaned it up, he wouldn't calm down and just resolved to put him in his cloth diaper. Oh well tomorrow is another day and we are on our road to Big Boy Status!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment