Friday, March 23, 2012

Slob-kabob!!! 81/366

Omg! Tanya Nguyen get it together? So yesterday I was not feeling well in the morning, Gio wouldn't potty before Gymboree, so I slapped on a diaper, rushed into some clothes for myself and Gio.....rushed out the door to class late again!!! Most of the moms in class are stay at home and outfits vary from fabulous, sporty, cute-put-together-comfy and then me slob-kabob! I wore a pair of old, old, old black light sweats and a college t-shirt, Paul frank socks and sandals. Did I just say sandals? Yes, sure did because u have to wear socks in class and I was running late to slip on my closed shoes, so sandals on top of socks. We made it to class and Gio ran free to do as he wished. I later realized my craziness and decided a change must be made ASAP! I have said this before but seriously something must change before this becomes everyday routine. Ok let's be honest this has become daily routine and I need to get out of this rut....overweight...laziness...laziness....comfy sweats...and scrubs due to work and school. On top of everything else some moms, that I occasionally talk to when kids r playing in proximity to each other, invited us to lunch at mcds so the kids can continue to play. Mcds is not my first choice, but why not, I really needed to socialize outside of my daily routine. Did I mention that I am also in a social butterfly rut, I can't seem to continue simple conversation with a stranger or attempt to meet new people outside of our daily routine. I have literally cut myself off from the world and have surrounded myself with my boys, my mom, sister in law and occassionally very small group of girlfriends. Why? Idk? But I am working on it. This particular mcds, had a playground geared to toddlers... Gio had fun with his classmates and I had a relaxing conversation with my fellow moms. I was so humbled to hear we shared many of the same experiences. We decided to do it again next Wednesday and then I remembered next week I go back to FT school, boo!!! Oh well hopefully I can meet up with them on a day off.
Once we got home, Gio was ready for naptime and I took advantage of the time to organize. When he woke up we enjoyed the nice weather on our patio, while making a bunny craft and reading. Christine and I were going to the movies and I was out the door, when Luan said are you not changing? I was still wearing my outfit from this morning...wake up call I need to change!
Now I am all for comfort and love my sweats, but for myself, I can make my outfit cuter, accessorize, maybe some makeup, when i dress nice...I feel good. Yep it is a work in progress and I am on it.
Next day, had to go to school, but my hair was nice, makeup was cute and I felt great!!!! I also went to zumba with Christine....yea!

I asked christine to take a pic of us out on the patio, then I saw myself and thought OMG! I absolutely love Gio in this pic and hate myself for letting myself get here again, but I am on it!!! Yuck, pic to remind me to get it together, hey I post pics of gio, time for my own medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment