Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Potty Training Day 3

I am such a proud mommy today, my heart is so full of joy because we had NO ACCIDENTS!!! I think we finally made a connection with not going in our big boy undies and going into the potty. We woke up and went straight to the potty and throughout the day. He would look at me when he peed for my reaction, which of course was hooray, clapping, singing, full of hugs and high fives (even though i was trying so hard not to cry from happiness...my eyes had tears trying not to escape). Once he saw my reaction, a big cheese would follow and clapping. We even filled up our potty chart and got a new hot wheels. What a great accomplishment, to think I was about to turn in the towel. After cleaning up his accidents, which were not much from what I have heard others complain about, I was very frustrated. We also made headway in our nap training, down to 20 min of fighting...he has to resist, so that I do not win...whatever kid...you wake up so rested. I made dinner and then we headed out to the park. We now walk to the park and play for an hour. Gio made a new friend, Miss Sylvia she is 6. She was very nice and patient to play with Gio. He idolized her while they played and was not happy when they had to leave. We finally made it home and enjoyed a nice dinner with Daddy.

I had to let my son grow a little, midway in this process, I wanted to put him back in diapers, because everyday is a sad reminder that little man is not my little baby anymore, he is so active and lil man like. My mother and Luan give him his own space and let him walk next to them or in front of them. I was not ready, he always has to hold my hand while we walk, safety first. But I allowed Gio to walk next to me free as a little bird and go up and down the big slides by himself. Overprotective much? I know, i know, but I am growing as a mommy too. The whole purpose of this blog was to keep our family and friends in touch with us, even though they are far away...but it has now turned into an online journal of our lives, just for you Giovanni. One day, you might not appreciate every gory detail, or be embarrassed that I shared so much, but I do want you to know how proud of you I am. To share our life with you and the experience of being your mother, is one thing I cannot thank God enough for.

1 comment:

  1. loved the closing paragraph :) Now I'm inspired :)
    -M

    ReplyDelete