Giovanni you are currently 3 weeks and 4 days old. OMG u are almost a month old this Thursday. You are currently sleeping one or two 4 hours stretches. Amazing. Mommy is slowly adjusting to 3 hr naps survival skills, although at 5-8 am it's really though, after that, I am good. Let's see in this past week you have managed to pee on Daddy several times and after an impromptu birthday suit photo shoot, daddy was picking you up and it must have been time for your bowel movement, because it went everywhere. It was hilarious! For mommy you have gifted me with spit-up all over my black tank tops, pjs and shoulder which I welcome! I rather it be on me than in your tummy disturbing your sleep. Although on one certain diaper change as mommy was changing you, another bowel movement was immediately caught with the cloth towel I was using to cleanse you.
The cloth towels are awesome especially in the towel warmer. I totally recommend using those for anyone. Cold disposable wipes are not baby friendly especially, if your baby just woke up or is still napping while you change them. You had semi irritation at 2 weeks old, and Dee our NP recommended Baby Aquaphor by Eucerin to be used at each diaper change, to prevent diaper rash and protect from the acidity of the urine. I love it and lather you with it daily. Your right eye tear duct has finally cleared up after two weeks of massaging. You started getting baby acne and we had to finally mitten your hands because you were scratching your bumps and have cut yourself.
Daddy and Mommy stepped out on a Starbucks run while you slept. Well you must have sensed our departure, because you woke up and Abuleita Lety y Maria y Umer could not calm you down. They tried a pacifier, diaper change and cuddling, but you would not relax. I was told that you yanked the pacifier out with your hands or spit it out. LOL. Your abuelita's were shook up as they don't like to see cry. I heard your cries as we pulled up. I instantly calmed you down as I picked you up and fed you. I was lectured on leaving bottles for feedings when I leave. I am going to start pumping, but how would I know that in a 15 min venture you would wake up, after being fed.
This weekend we were visited by your Godfather Jeremy and Auntie Lindsay. They arrived Saturday and chilled with us at home, since Mommy is not ready to take you out into crowded public areas just yet. We caught up and took a nice walk around the neighborhood. Sunday-Valentine's Day, I was surprised by tulips and a card from you via Daddy in your crib. Of course, I cried, hello I am so in love with both of you, it's hard not to be. You got valentine cards from Daddy and Mommy, Abuelita Lety, Jason and Darlene Vanderford as well. It was a gorgeous day after a rainy week and we took family pictures in the backyard thanks to our wonderful photographer Lindsay. After Lindsay and Jeremy left back to Dallas, we went on a family walk at Rice. You of course enjoyed your stroller and car ride, and waited to get home to eat. We finally got a new swing for you, since your first one did not recline, you love this one and take 2 hr naps in it.
We hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and Happy Lunar New Year.
I cant believe he is already almost a month! time flies,maybe a spring break visit!!!!
ReplyDeleteyes, that would be great, he misses his godmother and uncle! gotz to go, little cries await me!
ReplyDeletei can't wait to see the pictures! i agree with Denise, time flies. i'm planning a visit to houston in march, hopefully we'll be able to coordinate!
ReplyDelete