Giovanni, wow you still amaze me that you are my son!!!
I am a Mom of a gorgeous little man, who I can't stop to admire and cuddle. Between 1.5-3 hour naps and feedings, days pass me by. Daddy and I are still trying to balance your lovely night time routine. I feed and daddy changes and burps you. We might have over done it on changing you after each feedings which wakes you up, and then we are sitting and playing with a wide awake baby at 1-5 AM. It's hard work but it's amazing what Mommy and Daddy will do for you. So we took you back to the Pediatrician for your hospital stay follow-up, everything was fine. Mr. Giovanni loves his car rides and especially loves to be held. Do we hold you too much, do I not let you cry it out??? What to do??? Books argue. let them cry it out, others say not to. I am under the philosophy that you are yet to young to fend for yourself, you have three basic needs: Eat, Sleep and Poop. We are here to nurture your life and I will do everything possible to help you out. During my breaks I am reading the giganto Baby Book by Dr. Sears. It has really helped answer some questions and allowed me to relax my anxieties. Yes ppl, I am an anxious person. I try to relax, but that's Why I am have an awesome Hubby who is there for me and our son.
Daddy and I watched the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD by Dr. Karp. It concentrates on 5 specific aspects: Swaddling, Side Holding, Shushing, Swinging and Sucking. Let me tell you, we have tried it and it works. It relaxes you instantly! Your grandmothers prefer not to see you swaddled, but when you are not swaddled, your little arms scare and awake you from your slumber. I preferred not to use a pacifier, because I didn't want nipple confusion, but you have managed quite well and spit it out on occasions. We actually haven't used a pacifier much. You do like to be held and I think that is your pacifier, =p. Bad habits start early, but if you saw my little man you wouldn't let him cry it out either. I agree with Dr. Karp, that for the first 3 months baby is in the 4th trimeter and needs our attention.
We finally received your crib, its so pretty and you sleep wonderfully in it. Daddy put it together as well as your swing, which is not your favorite, 30 min tops and you are out. We took you and Louie out for a walk in the neighborhood, you slept so good and finally relaxed with Mom and Dad. Each night around 730ish we give you a bath and you love it. You sit and stare as we bathe you. I love watching as you fall asleep in my arms as you eat. Breastfeeding has been so enjoyable, yes a formula bottle would be easier and include more restful nights, but I love that I can provide for your daily meals, plus its our time. My heart gets bigger and bigger daily as I see you in your daddy's arms. He arrives exhausted from work and trying not to fall asleep, but when he sees you, his exhaustion disappears and you are his main focus.
Grandma took us to see Bernie for our two week post visit. You passed your hearing test and was weighed at 10 lbs 20z, now 21 in long. We opted out of the circumcision, after much discussion, it wasn't a priority for us and we chose not to. It's a tough decision for every parent to make and to each his own. Everybody can't get over how big you are getting, I don't see it, you are so small in mommy's arms. We had to go through your clothing and take out clothes that are too small for you, its more of a length issue. Ok maybe you are growing bigger, either way, you are so precious. We have taken so many pictures, but haven't had time to upload them, even though everyone is asking for them so sorry! Will do soon! Mommy has called and emailed her mommy friend's for advice, thank you ladies so much!
Gotta run, I hear Giovanni ready to awake from his nap! Thanks for all the love! My Baby is three weeks old Tomorrow, crazy how time flies!
No comments:
Post a Comment