So Tuesday, was your usual day, Luan went to work, baby and I chilled throughout the day. I actually felt restful, I should have known something was up..... Well Daddy came home early so we decided to go on a walk to Rice and then end it with some shopping at the Village for a bit, for baby's 1 month outfit. Walk was great, everyone marveled at how big our Giovanni was for a one month old. He seems little to us, we don't see it, but he is very long that he is already in 3mo outfits and outgrowing them as we speak. We stopped at Gymboree and found a cute vest and overall. Gap baby was a dud. The previous night I had read "God Gave Us You" and "Goodnight Moon" to Giovanni, thanks to his Godmother Denise. He was so attentive and scanning the pages as I read to him. So I decided to stop by Half-Price to pick up some pop-up books. We were perusing around when Momma Lopez called inviting us to Dinner. I hesitate...Yes that would be fun, but No because Baby is about to wake-up and needs to eat...(mind you I time my outings after feedings, because I know baby is full and I have about 2 hours). Now do I need to buy food for baby? No I am Gio's food source, but that would be my first public breast feeding experience....
So...Ok, I agree to dinner, I need to stop being so psycho, Yes ppl I know it! So we go to Jason's Deli and I feed my lil one who is sound asleep as we wait for my mom to arrive. Giovanni can eat for up to 20-30 min on one breast. Sometimes I cut him off at 15 min, burp, change and then switch, or just let him finish on one side. He is eating and sleeping. Luan takes over to burp him, for the next 30-40 min as we enjoy dinner and chit chat. Breast feeding in public was a success, I had a cover-up and a receiving blanket on top. We finally leave, baby is sound asleep, as I place him in his carseat, spit-up everywhere. I freak out, of course, who wants to see their baby puking up everywhere?? We finally make it home and get ready for bath time. Giovanni is comfy and chilling. We do our night-time feed which is longer than usual and as he finally dozes off, I move an inch...Eyes open and I have a wide-awake baby. This happens over and over...wide-awake baby. Giovanni usually dozes off and he is off to lalalaland, Not Tonight!! We go through the night waking up at 1, 3 and stay up till 5 because one slight movement and he is up for the next 2 hours. Probably going through a growth spurt. Any slight movement and he is awake. Then 640 like clockwork, he wakes up, which is the same time Daddy gets up. This wake-up time I do not mind because this is the schedule we will continue when I go back to work. (Blah lets not talk about that evilness) He feeds and finally sound asleep. I move and wide awake. 815 he usually falls back to sleep to about 850 then we move from crib into mommy's bed and we are out till 10 am. This is my life, if this sounds like complaining, I am not, maybe a lil exhausted, but no complaining here, although I do feel like a Human pacifier, =p I did use a pacifier around 4 am, but it was spit out so many times, that I put it away. Human pacifier to the rescue =p.
My lil one is 1 month old tomorrow and I will not get these days back, so we are using Attachment Parenting skills. We carry baby, co-sleep for a lil bit and breastfeed on demand. Not so attached as others, but this works for us, except for slight movement=wide-awake baby, this is new. Today is Ash Wednesday and we went to mass at 12 with the Abuelitas. Giovanni was nice and comfy in the Moby. He slept during the whole mass and as we were leaving, I had ppl place their hands on him, through the Moby, I smiled trying not to pull away. lol. My dad was supposed to meet us at church to meet baby. He still hasn't met baby because he refuses to enter our house, old issues with mom I suppose...his loss. He didn't show up but was waiting outside. Well Baby Gio woke up crying and the visit was cut short. My dad got emotional meeting him, but I feel that he has brought that upon himself, he isn't banned from the house, he has chosen that path. Oh well, we finally make it home and guess what feeding time. When we are done, daddy joins us for our daily walk where we run into my neighbor Mary, new mom of a 5 mo old. She had her baby at a birthing center as well and breast feeding only. She told us that her child will not take a bottle at all. She will only take it from a tube if she has too. Mary is practicing Attached Parenting (AP), baby is never put down, always carried, uses homeopathic remedies for sickness and a stay at home mom ready to return to work. It was great talking to her and she invites us to a play group this Friday.
Will I go...prob not, we need one more month of building up our immunity before meeting other kids, just in case. I know, I know, but sorry, nope. This Sunday, Luan's parents are throwing a traditional Vietnamese one-month celebration. Baby will be around a large group of ppl and obviously carried around. I am hoping that people use common sense and if they are possibly sick, not to come. What? Sorry? I have to take precautions. I was telling Luan about how I felt about the upcoming scenario, he of course doesn't understand. That didn't go well to an overprotective mother, but it's over with.
In 23 hours, my lil one is one month old, crazy. Time sure flies, when you are in love with Giovanni who has mommy wrapped around his lil finger. Yes ppl, I am hooked and loving it!
i love that you are doing AP and that although it's difficult for some people to understand you are sticking to it! you're whole preganancy and birth story have encouraged me greatly. i can't wait to be a mother, well yes i can wait cause i'm still a bit selfish, but i hope that when we do have children we'll be able to go this route. i think it'll be a bit tough but it'll all be worth it as you already know =o) love yall
ReplyDeletehappy early 1 month bday gio! Just caught up with ur past 3 blog entries and i am loving it. thank you for sharing ur experiences with us. as for the AP thing, i still don't get it, so when we meet up u'll have to explain it to me. please save all ur parenting books and videos, cuz it sounds like you've been doing alot of research and i like everything that u describe. hope u don't mind sharing the info with me. i've got baby fever pretty bad right now, lol. after u and then perla just had her baby on the 5th, and i have a co-worker that's 6 mos preggers, it's all a bit much... but i'm sticking to my "plan" and gonna wait till after the wedding. hoping we can start TTC next feb. i'm already reading "what to expect before expecting", so that i'll be prepared both mentally and physically when the time comes. hope we can meet up soon. luv ya!
ReplyDeleteyea cant wait to meet up! im getting better about going out, maybe ill bring baby, jk, he is so cute! AP varies, some ppl are very extreme im more on the relaxed side, but we are practicing it! ill explain it to ya!
ReplyDelete