Wednesday, January 12, 2011

back to the ol routine

Mr. Baby G is feeling good and slowly recovering his health from that awful cough and gunk in his chest. He is a pro at his breathing treatment and takes his medicine, ok he might swat at the spoon, but he will eventually take it, lol. Daddy usually sits with him in the morning as they watch SportsCenter while Gio takes his breathing treatment. We are almost finished with all meds so good to go. Now what we have to recover from is all the spoiling he got while sick. Now first off, he deserved it, he was in pain when he would cough and throw up. But he crys and everyone goes running to him, including me, yes I am one of those moms. We didn't want him crying because he would get so heated up and then throw up and then it would get worse. Judge me when you have a sick kid in the same predicament, and hell no I would never wish that on someone. Lots of TV was watched to entertain during breathing sessions and meds. So now Mommy and Daddy are restarting our routine and hopefully Grams will get on board. We were at odds with his meds because of course Gio was getting away with murder with grams and people he is only 11.5 months old, little G is smart, that's why he is now Mr. Baby G. Anywhoo, he is back to eating, being picky sometimes or not eating like he used to, but he is eating again. I was not worried about his eating because for 7 whole months he did just fine with BM, but grams thought it was the end of the world that he stopped eating, he needs his nourishment! He is fine crazy grams! How do you think he got so big, BM!!!! Jeez, its a never ending battle, but my baby is in great hands and loved (I repeat to myself).

Today Hubby had the day off so we enjoyed a family outing. We went to an early Dinner at Tofu Village and then walked around First Colony Mall for a bit. We were home by 7 and Gio was sound asleep, until I tried to sneak out and then he was wide awake. I am having a hard time putting him down, I fall asleep and he is still nursing or wide awake. Daddy takes over, a little crying happens and then is sound asleep. Mommy not so much. Its frustrating, because I want him back to his routine, but it takes time I know it. Its either traveling, sickness or hitting those developmental milestones that mess with routines. I am a ok as long as my little one is on the road to good health. Unfortunately my grams is sick and so is my mom, boo. (I am slowly breathing trying not to put Gio in a bubble) More than likely my little tater tot got them sick, I am trying to keep myself hydrated and rested to prevent my downfall (I should be sleeping). Earlier I was doing very important research on YouTube....Hair tutorials, lol. Luan asked oh getting ideas for the party, I said no, I have no where to go, just looking...=p I told myself that this year I am going to take care of ME!!! This was before baby so I really can't blame being a mom, but I let myself go, I used to put on my makeup (sometimes), do my hair (ok no i really never did), but I would dress cute and accessorize, and you know all that good stuff. I was working out nonstop, I was starting to get definition in my legs, got married, got pregnant, and downhill I went. So I can't take it. I got a trainer but I was not consistent, I know what I have to do, but Gio got sick and I stopped going to the gym for two weeks, so I am back. Trying to take a Yoga class for general relaxation and to stretch myself out. I went this past Saturday and can I say "Hello my name is Tanya, I am 31`and freaking stiff,, WTH?" OMG I have never been this stiff in my life, I always did Yoga, but I sit home, play with my kiddo and attempt to get some sleep and stopped stretching (oh that maybe why) and stiffness occurs. After sitting for a while, I get up and I am slow, stiff and my feet hurt, shit i am 31 and arthritic. All those years of carrying a heavy body around are catching up to me, so with all my family's sickness plaguing me, I can no longer live like this, I tell myself this all the time. I have been so lucky, because even though I have been overweight, I have never had any other conditions plague me (i think i just jinxed myself and signed my death sentence). But you can only get so lucky for so long and I do mean lucky because overweight in itself is one of the most damaging. Ok so back to taking care of ME!! It consists of everything, I am not going to get into details (too late) but you know everything: that is Tanya Nguyen. I had maybe 2-3 cravings when I was pregnant and now I have so many cravings. Nope not pregnant honestly, just a big girl at heart (unfortunately, we need to quiet my big girl, she is out of control). I talked about cleaning our room, well we did..Gio's part but we haven't touched ours. I have so many clothes from prepregnancy but they are about to get donated and when I get there I will start all over. I can't keep all this junk just reserved for when...I need to work on now and get it going! This weekend Gio is going to help me throw things away, Ill make it into a game, he loves piles of clothes that he can just pick at and throw around.

Gio is doing so well, I just want to...kind of get his party over with, I am so excited for him to turn one, but I just wrote on all the envelopes with the new date. I pray people see the big highlighted circle with the new date, they are being mailed manana! I am one week away from my lil Baby G oh wait Mr Baby G turning one!!! Shut the front door, this past year flew by. I have some free time when GIo goes to bed and I am determined to order his pics by his first birthday. I had planned to make scrapbooks along the way, but it just didn't work out that way, or too actually sit here and make them, modpoge way...yea NOPE! So im going to order photobooks, catch up and then hopefully be more consistent this year. You know the sucky thing about digital pics or photobooks, you dont have a copy. But you can always print them out. When I had the filmroll camera I would always print out my pics, but man how that has changed. I pray that my computer and external hard-drive never fail me.

This past weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday, I made her a frozen fruit tart pie, so yum! It was instantly devoured by the family. My bestie Lucy also celebrated her bday with a tamale girls nite party at her house. She invited all her girls and their mom's over to celebrate, she also made a tres leche and chocoflan cake, so Yum! I guess I didn't read the invite all the way through, but after dinner they were going dancing. Earlier in the day, I was dancing around the house with Gio and thought mommy needs a nite out dancing with the hubby. Well I was tempted to go, but didn't tell Hubby and I really wanted to go home. I enjoyed girl time and the awesome Sangria (2 cups) and went home to my lovely Hubby. We watched a movie while I worked on two projects for Gio's birthday. I made a celebration wreath that we will always display for someone's bday (new tradition found it on one of my DIYblogs) and Happy Bday felt banner. They both turned out so cute! Can't wait to display them for Gio's bday. In no way do they look professional, but they are fun projects for our family. My hubby laughs at his susie homemaker wife as he has been calling me and I am enjoying all these little projects for Gio that one day he will probably notice, lol!

Quick Sidenote: When you get pregnant, you ingest the lovely prenatals which in turn gives you luscious hair, good skin and strong nails. When baby is out, still taking prenatals but now BF and the so-called Baby (parasite, love u) starts getting all their nutrients including yours..dry skin and hair fallout occurs. So now I am dealing with baldspots, thankfully only I notice and new baby hair growth, which by the way is a different texture than the rest of my hair. Those little baby hairs will not settle down and they just stand up in all sorts of directions, so I have this fro thing going. Ok lets be honest, I dont really do my hair, but this extra baby hair fro is not helping...! So once again hair needs a redo asap! My poor Baby G has inherited Mommy's crazy hair and wakes up from his naps with hair in all directions, its hilarious. ok I am done, back to where I was...

Ok off to bed, tomorrow work, gym time and of course funtime with Mr. Baby G! See you under the coconut tree!

Oh yea Correction on the teeth update, Gio's 9th teeth has not yet sprouted, it is on the way out, I obviously saw incorrect with his other vicious teeth...=p Upon further examination there are actually two trying to cut, 1 being a molar....fun times in Gio's gum family. Will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment