Monday, January 31, 2011

Gio's Roaring Good Time!


Happy Birthday Giovanni! We have been celebrating your birthday for over a week now, why not, it's your first one and you deserve it my little one! Friday nite after you went to sleep Mommy and Daddy finished prepping the party for the big Safari Party in your Honor!!! Daddy went crazy with the streamers and it came out awesome, honestly I can't stop saying it looked like a Pinata exploded in the house=Party Fabulous!!! Saturday morning you woke up giggling and cuddling. BaNoi arrived first thing in the morning and kept you busy while Daddy and I ran around town picking up cake, food, balloons and last minute things. I was on my way home when Abuelita called to pick up Pasta from her caterer friend, cause it would be ready by 11 (cutting it close), it was 1030, so I went by figuring I would take a little break. I get to caterer...pasta is barely boiling no where being close to done. I stayed calm, because if I went home and sent Abuelita back, it would never get there on time for party and it would be a bigger meltdown stressfest. I left caterer at 1130 and drove home as fast as I could, party started at 12. Madrina, Uncle Danny and cousin Sam were already there finishing prepping the house with Daddy. The bounce house was up, tables and chairs were set out, and food was being rolled out by Abuelita and her kitchen staff. Tia Conchi, BaNoi and Tita were helping as well, I was told you had a good breakfast, early lunch/snack and took an hour nap. We got your dressed in your personalized b-day t-shirt and jeans and you were ready to go. Godfather Jeremy and Aunt Chelle Chelle arrived next with my co-worker Wendy and Kristy right behind them. I had to excuse myself to get ready since I was still running around in my morning clothes...yikes. You entertained everyone while the festivities started. Family and friends started arriving and you were whisked away to say hello to everyone.


Fettucini Alfredo Pasta, Rotisserie Chicken, garden salad, fruit salad and chips with queso was served and enjoyed by everyone. Mommy placed out cracker jacks, animal crackers, but I think people were shy, until Daddy passed them out. Your cupcake cake turned out awesome. We had a mixup with your original cake and last minute I stopped by the Signature Kroger and was saved by the awesome bakery staff. I quickly cancelled your original cake which we had settled for and thank god that we did, because your cupcake safari medley was awesome! I wanted a mixture of safari animal cupcakes and Kroger's had it, they took my order the day before last minute and had my order ready in the morning. They had forgot to make an extra two dozen so while I waited for that, I went to go blow up your balloons. Anywhoo back to the party, food was disappearing quickly and you were having fun chatting with everyone. Aunt Chelle Chelle took you into the bounce house before it got too crowded, you were calm and then you had enough. Your friend Lauren is a party expert because she attends so many and had me on track when to do certain party events (ie pinata, cake and opening presents) thanks to her the Party sailed smoothly, thanks Lauren, love you! The kids enjoyed the bounce house and the giraffe pinata. We let the kids hit the Pinata and then they all gathered around to pull the strings and candy spilled out everywhere. Since there were not that many kids, they really scored! I don't think their parents are going to let them eat all of it...=p Cake time: we gathered around your cupcakes and gorgeous smash cake made by Tia Lucy! I thanked everyone for joining us in celebrating your birthday and being part of your life! We sang Happy Birthday to you and then blew out your candle with Mommy and Daddy's help! Once again you refused to smash your cake so we sat you on your high-chair bday throne and gave you the first layer of cake to play with. You refused, daddy even tried to bribe you by placing lettuce on cake to make it healthy...didn't work. I of course put frosting on your mouth for pictures in which you tried to gag at....you are hilarious little one. Everyone laughed at your dislike for cake, because they obviously know your parents love for sweets!


Lauren reminded me that it was present time, so we all gathered around to open your presents. You were blessed with so many gifts and we will certainly be thanking everyone individually! You were an awesome sport throughout the whole party, but after presents it was time for a nap, you refused to eat during the party so nursing we went and you instantly fell asleep as people said their goodbyes. Your awesome godparents, uncles, aunts, cousins instantly cleaned up the party, decorations and trash were picked up and put away. Thank you everyone, we didn't even ask and y'all are amazing!
Luan and I are blessed with an awesome one-year old little boy who has boundless energy and smiles for all. We are also blessed with loving family and friends who have participated in our lives in this wonderful journey as parents. Thank you so much for making Gio's Birthday a success!


I included slideshows, because I could not edit, I love every picture of my lil man's special day (even if i look crazy)







(slideshows might work if not ill repost!)

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous party!! I kinda wish I was a kid there :) You all looked really great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Wish I could have been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias por compartir tus momentos felices con nosotros, al ver todas las fotos nos transportamos allí y vivimos la fiesta del primer cumpleaños de Gio.
    Cuidate mucho hija que estas preciosa. Saludos a tu madre y a tu esposo.
    PD No logro identificar a tu primo Danny, pues hace mucho que no lo veo. Por favor identificamelo, gracias.
    Tu tío Rubén.

    ReplyDelete