
Happy New Year and Very excited that 2011 is finally here! 2011 for the Nguyens=Teamwork!
Well I have alot of catching up to do so before I get to do that, big Warning*******this post is going to be super long (maybe) and probably TMI so just in case if you keep on reading and think I shouldn't have read that or gross or I cant believe she wrote that...I warned you!****Warning!!!
Ok Hubby and I had another 4 day weekend thankfully and just chilled with Gio, played at home or ran errands, lol! We are always running errands it seems but we keep everything till the weekend. So Thursday we were milling around the house and then I finally able to convince (drag) the hubby and little one to Arne's Party Supply. What better time to buy all of the party supplies but now, lol! Hubby has never been to Arne's before, I had the pleasure of being dragged there many times with my mom during my quinceanera planning, fun times let me tell you! I had been planning on going there by myself but let me tell you this, I will find at least two different themes that I will love and then hesitate and wish hubby was there. So instead I dragged him there to really help me finalize on a theme and really just agree with what I like. LOL! So between fighting whether I wanted Elmo or Safari and hubby rolling his eyes and huffing and puffing...lol. Gio just chilled in the carrier and chilled with Momma. Safari won out, everything I always get for him is always Safari related, Gio loves Elmo, but I'll probably wait till next year for that. We ended up getting everything, mission accomplished!
New Years Eve was bigtime partying at Casa Lopez, let me tell you... No not really. Christine and I baked cookies we made Sugar cookies with chocolate ganache filling, rasberry tarts and pecan tarts. The pecan tarts are evil and so damn good! Let's just say any plans to lose weight went right out the window seeing as I sat right next to those devilish treats. We chilled at home while Gio played with my mom, grams and banoi. Gio's schedule is all off since xmas so I was trying to reenforce his daily schedule naps all weekend long. We ran in the new year with Gio trying to sleep, didn't, Daddy came in to kiss us happy new year 2011 and then Gio finally went to sleep. How cute! Saturday we were at home, Gio 's persistent cough started up again but this time it was more consistent. When we wake up we always play in bed for a bit, just chilling and cuddling. Well I was sitting up, Gio was giggling sitting between Luan and I and then all of a sudden he lunged at me,specifically my boob. He clamped down and I immediately shoved him away and started crying. One I have a shirt on and he still clamped down perfectly around my nipple, that lil man has aim. I know he has been teething and he sometimes chomps down which I immediately put him down and feeding stops for a while. Well this time it was different, he came out of no where with his chompers. It brought tears to my eyes and Gio was crying because he wanted to be with me, but I was furious and in pain. He kept reaching for me and I swallowed my pain and hugged him. He tried to nuzzle so that he could feed, but said no Gio no feeding right now. He started crying and then Luan took him for a bit. I immediately called a feeding strike brought up by me, and thought ok I did enough, Gio got alot of milk, he is good, but of course who am I kidding? I later gave in. Later in the day I fed him lunch and then he started coughing and one thing led to another and poor lil man threw up. Well I cleaned up, we showered and then headed to the park with the family for a bit. He kept coughing so we only stayed for 20 min and left all the cousins playing flag football. We came home and rested, Dinner went well and his going to sleep on time was off. My mom took him for a bit to give me a dinner break and then Gio started getting warm. Night progressed, gio was up and down with sleep, very uncomfortable and then full on fever. Daddy and I took turns walking Gio up and down or sleeping with him on the sofa. Sunday my lil man was not well, he was so sad, would not eat and did not want to be out of our arms all day long. He was either with me or daddy. He slept in our arms and if he was with me, he nursed nonstop. Daddy would give me a break because I was very sore from the day before of Gio's own version of a shark. I started him on ibuprofen and all of my homeopath treatments as well. His fever thankfully didnt go over 100.6 but it was up or down and Gio was not himself. I called the oncall doc at my pediatrician and they recommended warm apple juice and to keep breastfeeding and to keep doing what I had been. I thought about my earlier BF strike and then became thankful that I still BF because Gio would not eat or drink anything. When I did try to feed him he would start coughing and then it all came up slimy. Thank you God for still allowing me to provide for Gio. I tried the warm apple juice that i diluted and he finally took it. Sunday night same thing, Gio was up and down all night. Daddy took this night and stayed with Gio and let me get some rest. i woke up Monday morning and called my pediatrician and set up an appt. Gio was at least smiling finally and cuddling with me, but his cough was not good and his breathing was labored. We got an appt and he had a temp of 100.6. The NP came in, listened to Gio's chest and said that she heard crackles in his lower R lung. She suspected possible pneumonia and recommended a breathing treatment and they wanted to do a pulseOx. Let's just say a mask on Gio's face did not go well, but my mom and I were able to control and distract him for a bit. After the treatment, his breathing got better and so were sent home with an inhaler and antibiotics. I asked her about feeding and she said as long as he was hydrated he was fine because he was still getting all the goods through the breastmilk (thank u god). She also said the throwup was ok because he was getting all that yucky phlegm out, poor lil man. We got home and I had to leave Gio with my mom because I had to return to work (BOO!) He was smiling so I felt ok...=( When I got home from work he was in my mom's arms sleeping with Banoi sitting right next to her. He had finally pooped while I was gone, because he hadn't in two days. Hey Poop is a good thing, but it was def slimy...good because phlegm is leaving his body! When he finally woke up we tried a late lunch, but no such luck except for more spit up. I didn't push the feeding anymore. Good thing though Gio started playing and crawling about, he was still warm but he was smiling and playing, those are def good signs, light was now in his eyes. I tried putting him down for a nap, but no can do, he refuses to be by himself and when I am there nonstop BF. I was thankful that I could still BF but I was really sore, bc Gio had actually punctured skin. (I told u TMI) My mom and hubby gave me breaks here and there. We finally went to bed and hubby and I had planned duties he would take the first half of the night and I would take the next shift, but we all fell asleep...yes all of us, Gio finally rested and slept! woohoo!!!! Tuesday Gio is up and playing, he actually ate a lil bit of cereal very little, but progress. He was happy and playing. Oh yea FYI an inhaler on a baby is no fun, he hates it and cries bloody murder, also I have to do nasal drops and then suctioning, well on a very strong lil man like Gio, no fun! He is very strong and I have to hold him down. My mom hates the nasal drops and refuses to do it on him, she was hesitant on the inhaler but I made it clear an inhaler (2min process) or the machine that takes 15 min, your choice and this is not for u, this is for Gio, so either do it, or wait till i get home, but she understood and supposedly did a good treatment this morning. Gio wont eat but he will take his meds, yea and is loving that apple juice. I was concerned with the sugar intake and my NP said lets worry about that, when he is better, thank you for keeping me in perspective. I am still diluting it...lol. When I got home from work today he was napping with my mom and then she tried feeding him lunch, he was getting angry I told her to stop trying, She was frustrated with me because she wants him to eat, so do I but it is not worth letting him get riled up, then a coughing fit starts and then he throws up which he did. I called the NP to check-in, his coughing has calmed down thankfully and so have the fevers, she said its ok for him not t eat solids bc he feels yucky as long as he is BF and drinking juice we are good to go. We have a FU on Thursday. I finally took over after I ate lunch and we played. While he played around I followed him around with some warm cereal. He took a couple of spoonfuls and was done. I am ok with that. He was smiling and giggling when I suddenly discovered Tooth #9, what a time to make your grand entrance. Regardless Welcome #9 to Gio's Gums. Gio is sick but fever could have also been related to teeth. Man Gio is Mr. baby teeth! Gio got his fun nasal drops and then a shower. We went to bed while he nursed to sleep. Well I fell asleep with him and two hours later, Gio was nuzzled right up next to me, when he suddenly moved, stretched and rolled away. lol. My cue to leave. It was 10pm and I was starving, ramen noodles for me and a sandwich. I needed to clear my head and blogging away I went. I am so happy Gio is feeling alot better, I dont like his coughing fits and sometimes his breathing is raspy, but it immediately clears up when he gets the inhaler. I hope this night goes well. He is with daddy for now and I really should be catching up on my sleep since I have a break, so I am almost done.
Party Update:
I got all the cute invites at Costco, love them and they give u 4 free calendars when u order invites, they came out super cute! I ordered his cake today, I got it from Arandas Bakery. I was difficult but I got my way, they had some safari themes but weren't as cute, so we ended up getting a Madagascar theme which fits really well with our lil Safari. I ordered his Pinata and banner as well, they are in the mail. I need food, drinks and bouncy house. Hopefully it is a good day! So since Gio is sick and he is def going to get better, I know he is, I still thought hmmmm..... well what if I got face masks for everyone paint them with safari prints on them and pass them out so no germs are spread...I got blank stares from Hubby and my mom. So I guess face masks are a no go...maybe..=p It is a thought...=p
I also finally completed a project I have wanted to do for some time, which was really time consuming but so worth it. I really wanted Gio's name by his crib, I had thought about banners, block letters, painting but I had come upon a blog a DIY project on felt letters. The end product was worth it and can't wait to put them up. Now this could have all been done before baby was born but you know how I didn't know what I was having, so I cause myself extra work in the end, but it was fun nonetheless.

New Business venture let me know if you are interested, because I am taking orders. Bubbles for Babies. I know cool huh? I always said I wanted Gio in a bubble to protect him from everything and I think i am finally going to make one...Hubby again with the blank stare...ok so maybe not, but if you are interested let me know...lol.
I have one more DIY project for Gio's bday or ok maybe two so wish me luck! Can't wait for his bday, I might be getting out of hand, ok I am, I guess I can't blame Santa for this one....! Ok now of to bed, invites are ready for mailing, I cleaned up, head is free of thoughts and i am off!
Thanks to Hubby, my mom, grams and Banoi for the awesome teamwork this week and for always being there for Gio!
2011=Teamwork
Once again...happy new year and Hello 2011!
awww sorry tanya! poor gio! I hope he feels better soon! sounds like you have a wonderful team there! You are such a good momma Tanya, keep it up!
ReplyDeletethank you denise love you! hope sam feels better as well!
ReplyDelete