Thursday, January 6, 2011

On the road to recovery!!

on the road again...tadaddaaa...on the road again.....=p
woohoo met with our lovely NP who checked Gio out and told us that his lungs sound awesome compared to his first visit, no more rales or crackles. his congestion and phlegm we are still working on but thats with time. continue with meds, nebulizer treatment and ibuprofen which will help if he gets fever again but with any pain he might have in his chest from all that coughing. Gio was happy and bouncing around at the visit, it was great to see him in great spirits. We talked about him not eating but once again she reassured me (more my mother who tagged along) that it was ok, his throat hurts and the best thing for him is fluids especially breastmilk, woohoo score one for me! Funny enough I was just talking about how it was nice that Gio did not BF all the time anymore and raving how he was eating solids and now we are back to BF. But I promise I am not complaining, I let him have his fill especially since he wont drink his juice or water at times, he clamps down those cute little lips, pouts and turns away when food is near. Either it hurts, he is scared of throwing up or just no appetite. Either way he is getting calories, protein and immune building from the milk, amen again! Thankfully he hasn't lost any weight, which daddy points out that Gio will be just fine he has alot of reserve, lol. We also talked about my stepdad Umer who is in Pakistan and just got shingles, she told us as long as Gio does not touch any open sores he would be ok if he had any. She also told us we could get the MMR/Chicken Pox vaccine as well. She said as long as fever goes away we are good, but if it keeps being recurrent next week or his breathing gets crazy again we need to come in immediately, she said this has a 10 day period. I brought up Gio's party she said he would more than likely be ok, but agreed to postpone it for a while. I have been with her since Gio was born, so we were joking about my bubble idea, she just laughs at me. Now she did say we do want to expose him to germs because it builds immunity, I know that, but hey bubbles work just as good. She also joked you can move out of Houston and get away from all these allergies, not a bad idea. Colorado here we come! Let me not say that out loud because Hubby will start packing the car immediately. We got home and gio fell asleep, he sleeps alot now especially with those nebulizer treatments the NP warned us that it would raise his heart rate, shakiness in hands and/or make him very sleepy, thankfully sleepiness is the only thing we have encountered. He could care less for the pacifier and just chews on the air adapter of the nebulizer, hey whatever works as long as he gets his treatment. He had another really bad coughing fit poor lil man, we cleaned up and got ready for bed. Gio fell on his butt trying to cling to me and he opened up his mouth to cry but all you saw was a silent cry, it broke my heart. I consoled my lil man and he clung to me, just breaks my heart but thankfully he is sleeping now wedged up and resting. Daddy is getting a break tonight, because he has taken care of Gio the last two nights and he is exhausted. I finally slept last night i think 6 hrs straight, it was amazing.

Earlier today Hubby's car had a flat and I helped him change it, yea teamwork once again! Thank god it happened when he was around because those LandRover tires are heavy, no way I could have done that by myself.

Some Milestones that I haven't mentioned because I guess I have forgotten....woops or u know ....lol
1. Gio waves goodbye when I leave for work, so adorable
2. We dance around in the living room, he holds on to my hands and lifts his feet up and down. When he is done dancing he lowers himself to the floor, lol
3. He has perfected the Asian squat, my MIL and all vietnamese I know squatsit for what seems like for hours and Gio squatsits just like them its hilarious.
4. He calls me momma and luan papa or ba, he knows who is who. its really cute, when he wants to.
5. He plays with louie, but when louie gets really close to him, he either crawls or walks (by holding on to the edge of the couch) quickly to you for safety.
6. when he wants something that is high he gets on his tippytoes and balances with his little pinky toe wide just like his daddy.
7. when u ask where the light is or up, he raises his hand up in the air and looks up. (could be coincidence but i like it either way)
8. We sing the baby bumble bee song and he claps along with me, he especially loves it when i sing "ouch it stung me (in my loud and expressive angelic voice)"
9. If he hears clapping, he will clap as well
10. he loves elmo and laughs along with his tickle me elmo
11, he knows his Grandma's and goes with them, he is hesitant to strangers (good)
12. we started singing happy birthday song to him and he claps along and smiles, i think he knows it is coming. I am trying to get him to raise his index for the #1.
13. he is such a boy, he loves cars...especially the tires! I tried building towers with his legos and he knocked them down quick.
14. When he stands and you bounce him for a bit, he starts bouncing up and down like a spring with a huge teethy, dimply smile.
15. He signs milk on a good day, wash hands and all done.
16. He has a heavy hand and he will try to swing at ya if you are not paying attention. When he is corrected he gets a stern look and tells you Buh! Gio! Buh!
17. He is a little chatterbox, just talking to himself or with you!

Aww little one where does the time go? 2 weeks from the big One!!!
On the road to recovery sweetpea! See you under the coconut tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment