Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday!!!!


Feliz Primer Cumpleano mi nino precioso, que dios siempre te bendige y cuide!

Gio's First Birthday was a success! I was so excited for everyone and couldn't contain it, so proud that my little man was turning ONE!!! Gio of course was normal, any other day for him, =p. During dinnertime gio always reaches out to his food and if he is able to get some he will destroy it in his little hands and spread it across his table. Gios' grandma's and daddy will not let him get dirty when he is eating, they are constantly wiping his mouth and table, me...on the otherhand will allow him to get dirty because I'll just clean him when he is done. So I was imagining him to tear into his cake once he would see it....it didn't happen=(
We stayed up late Thursday decorating the house, it looks like a Pinata exploded inside...meaning that it is birthday fabulous. While Daddy decorated I baked the cakes, a carrot cake (healthy=boring) for gio and a chocolate coconut creme cake for Lee (bday was 1/20). I found the carrot cake recipe for Gio in the What to Expect When Expecting book. It came out ok, the frosting was awesome, cake was good but too boring. Either way I figured Gio would just play with it...nope. Chocolate cake was devoured instantaneously. So cakes were done and house was decorated so time to go to bed.

Friday, I woke up and sang Happy Birthday to my lil love, he just smiled and babbled away. I made wheat blueberry pancakes for him and then we had to rush off to work. After work we raced home, I worked on the frostings while Gio played with my aunt Conchi. Well my frosting messed up so I ran to the store to get more supplies to finish the frostings. OMG they were great! Daddy went to pick up the food and thankfully Gio fell asleep for a late nap. He woke up just in time when everyone started arriving. Gio changed into his Bday outfit and went to play with OngBaNoi while mommy and daddy set up the food. Ba Noi make Pho Bo Kho and eggrolls. She ordered a vietnamese traditional salad and springrolls. I had also picked up two dozen salvadorean tamales to roundup the dinner. Before dinner we decided to do the cake just in case Gio got restless. I don't know if it was everyone staring at him or what, he saw the cake smiled but kept his hands to himself. Daddy put Gio's hands in the cake and he was very disgusted, lol. We sang, took pics and then I put some frosting in his mouth, where he coughed it up in disgust. It was hilarious. So we sat down for dinner, Gio had his usual veggie medley and some tamale, guess what, he smashed, ate and smeared it all over the place. I thought hmmm good timing, lets get a little piece of cake for him to play with....once again he turned away...hilarious. We cut the chocolate cake for Lee, I attempted to give Gio some thinking he might like the sugary one, nope spit it right out. Gio played, opened up his gifts and then yawning started so off to bed we went after we kissed everyone good night.

Gio was so blessed to be surrounded by his loved one! Thank you to everyone who participated in my son's life either near or far. We are blessed with a healthy and happy one year old, what more can you ask for! Love you Giovanni!!!

I made a box cake the following day for curiosity sake, i gave some to Gio who willingly took it and then spit it right out. I should be over the moon my son does not like cake, but I was just curious! What does Gio consume happily??? Broccoli heads, squash, zucchini, spinach, and asparagus.

Took Gio to his One Year Check-Up: 29lbs, 32 in. One year ago: 8lbs 2oz, 20.5 in.

Before the party, I was doing some spring cleaning and took out Gio's baby clothes, I lost it, started crying and amazed at how much my lil one has grown in one year. When else do you develop this quickly and be a part of it to experience every changing moment, once again blessed. FYI: I am a baby clothes hoarder and I do not want help!

What are you up to these days?
You are pointing with your index finger, I think because we have been showing you that you are one, but you haven't correlated it yet.
Starting to stand on your own, until you realize it then lose balance.
You are very vocal, just babbling away.
Starting to chill while mommy reads to you, instead of stealing the book away and using it as a chewing toy.
Speed crawler and with that being said you are exploring more by yourself.
You go with out BM for a bit when Mommy is at work, but towards the evening you are in high need for it
Not really timid of interacting with Louie, you accidentally pulled him by his ears twice this week, we know you were sorry and Louie was a nice puppy and did not get mad except he might have run away from you more often...=p
Since lowering our bed to the floor you swing your legs off and then crawl away, who taught you that, who knows, but you are becoming an expert.
You are in 18mo-2T clothing, I usually go bigger for comfort and longevity.

Your big birthday party is Saturday, January 29th, 2011. We can't wait to celebrate with extended family and friends!
See you under the coconut tree my lil sweetpea!


No comments:

Post a Comment