
Gio is loving his new environment, we get home from my mom’s and he is all over the place. He jumps all over the sofa running back and forth nonstop, he tries the same thing on the bed and I have to get him off quickly, he freaks me out, although he is having the time of his life. Apartment is a mess, its depressing and overwhelming, I want to have it completely unpacked and organized, but yea it’s not happening. We emptied out our storage unit that had all the clinic items and can I say big mistake, we have half at my mom’s and half here, yea…..boo! I told Luan that if we have not used it in the last 6 months then it is out! I was trying to organize my closet and once again realized more than 80% does not fit, I am overweight again its out of control. I need help in the sense of like clamping my mouth shut and going on a water diet. We start working out and then something comes up and off the bandwagon we go. Anywhoo, Christine suggested to sell the clothes, I looked at her like she was crazy, but you know what, she made sense, there is no sense keeping it. Monday I am starting my workout plan and organizing this house into shape, I cannot take it. I always do this when we move, I let the boxes sit there, but with Gio around I cannot do that, time to be safe and organized. The complex is very quiet, I am afraid we are the loudest ones here and be forced to move out thanks to my little ones’ crazy screaming fits he gets into, he loves to hear his voice when he calls to get my attention on him. Yes Gio very funny! We have been blessed with visitors and have not been alone thankfully in the evenings while Luan goes to work. Tuesday, Lucy and Iliana came over, she works right around the corner. FYI this is the first time Lucy and I have lived more than a mile away from each other in the last 16 years, lol. Well at least she works nearby and Iliana’s school is close as well. My goal is to pick up Iliana once a week for a playdate in the afternoon, if I can get Gio to wake up when I pick him up from my mom’s. Christine and BaNoi visited us as well this whole week, love it, we live in the middle of both the grandparents, so its easy for everyone to visit. So happy to have Christine back, she even made us dinner on Thursday nite, so yummy! Today was such a family fun filled day. My cousin Lee graduated from Universal Technical Institute, so proud of him!! He signed up right after HS graduation and is already done, he is so determined and excited about automotives, he is going to do so great in his career, he gives it 150%. We were unable to attend his graduation due to work, so we met up for lunch at the infamous Silver Palace, our local family event gathering place, lol. We couldn’t stay for long because Luan had to drop us off and then get ready for his evening shift. Gio and I were hanging out when Christine invited us to dinner with Toan and Yasmin. Christine and BaNoi picked us up and then we headed to yummy Tofu Village, Gio was exhausted but he was a trooper. He was seated right in front of TV which kept him entertained eating all the chinese broccoli, I was wondering why he was so well behaved, Tv of course, damn little man is hooked. We do not have internet or cable connection so it’s been refreshing…Luan wants to cancel the hookup but as refreshing as it has been, yea no thank you, hookup is scheduled for the end of this month. Since we have been hanging out with our visitors Gio has been going to sleep very late, the first nite he didn’t sleep very well, 2nd nite a little bit better, yesterday only 1 wake up, tonight who knows. Saturday we are headed out to SA for Sam’s 1st birthday party. His routine has been disrupted and thrown out the window, let’s hope we don’t keep the Marquez family up all nite. Monday like I said routine starts for everyone.
Gio wakes up at 7 everyday, well actually 6 but we can get him to sleep for another hour. He starts playing around the house, like I said running everywhere, we have a bay window that he adores. He watches all the cars driving by say hi to everyone of them. On the way to my mom’s he is actively talking then all of a sudden quietness, the morning nap begins, so cute. He plays all day with my mom, aunt or grams then when I pick up him, naptime on the drive home. Lol. Car induced sleep, lucky! Well along with change, I decided to finally go back to Full-time, actually I have been wanting to for quite a while but the hours were not available. I decided to work PT when Gio was born and have not regretted it once. I was offered FT but I was not ready, when I was the hours are not available, just my luck. Well an opportunity came up to work 6am-2pm, FT but it didn’t work out, so I got lucky (;/) and have wknds now. My new schedule is M-F 10-2 and SatSun 8am-6pm. So I am working 7 days a week, I cried on the way home after I got the news. You know if Gio wasn’t so little or I wasn’t a mom yet, I wouldn’t mind it so much, but to be gone from him for so long and to not have weekends to enjoy with my family, it is very heartbreaking. No more roadtrips, no more spontaneous outings, nothing, I know that we will have dinner together but I cherish all the time I have with my boys! I know that this sacrifice is important for our future and therefore in that sense it is worthwhile, I have to keep that in perspective when I get down about it. This will also provide a nice Christmas, 2nd party and maybe future trips, so yea it’s worth it, just need to keep our goals in mind! This is my last weekend with my boys, next wknd I work 1-6 SatSun and officially FT 9/24. I hope that with time, our studies and future endeavors will bring new changes soon!!!



One last thing, I love our apartment! Thanks again to my mom who keeps stocking our pantry with goods and for BaNoi and Christine who have helped me in the evenings with gio and organizing. This change has been great, eyeopening and evolving everyday. Blessed with our tight family unit, what a lucky boy Gio is!! Love you lil man, see you under the coconut tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment